Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the extended length Radflo coilovers with 750lb coils and i was wondering if there is anyway to soften the ride in the front. I got this setup cuase im eventually gonna get a shrock bumper but in the meantime, can i do anything to soften it up. I feel that when i go over speed bumps or deep potholes, the trucks front end is gonna break or something. I know the valve on the bottom is for recharging nitrogen into the shock. Is it possible to soften the ride by adding or removing nitrogen from the shock? Lastly, to those with 750lb radflos and shrock bumpers, how was or is the ride with this setup? Sorry for the noob questions, im slowly but surely starting to learn this stuff.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Dont do it yourself, but if you talk to greg he can revalve them for you to your likeing. Leave it to the professionals. BUT to answer your question.... YES.

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Eddie! There was no way in hell i was going to touch that valve on my own. Im catching on to the offroad world but i would never try to do that myself. Its nice to know i can adjust them. Ill call Greg and see what he can do for me. Im just waiting for the funds to drop on the bumper. I figure the bumper is still a few months away anyways with the wait from Shrock and all.

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
Bring me the coilvoers and I can respring and/or revalve them for you. no charge, i just need them off the vehicle. Ill do them while you wait.

·
on line
14,014 Posts
PrerunnerGreg said:
Bring me the coilvoers and I can respring and/or revalve them for you. no charge, i just need them off the vehicle. Ill do them while you wait.
That's service, what a guy! I have a Shrock bumper and I ordered the heavier springs (BTW Greg, I checked the tracking on my stuff earlier and it's set to arrive on Wed, thanks for the bump in shipping!). As soon as I get these on, more likely the same day I get 'em in the mail, I will tell ya how they feel w/ the heavier front.

·
on line
1,792 Posts
Hey xterra3100, I'm not saying don't get Greg to revalve your shocks, but....if your bumper isn't that far off and you can live with a little stiffness (I don't know how bad or annoying it is), you will be amazed at how even the bumper, much less a winch too, will absorb that stiffness because of the added weight.

And Greg, is the pre-load adjustable on those babies?

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just talked to Greg and im gonna bring em to him to revalve them. Why cant all businesses or companies have customer service like this!? Ill let you all know how they feel once its done. Thanks Greg!

·
on line
1,792 Posts
mcampana said:
On the other hand, he seems like a stand up guy and can see him just wanting to help you out.
I've been dealing with Greg for two months now. I spent a Sunday out at his place, driving and getting my shocks revalved and otherwise adjusted. I have talked to Greg numerous times for advice and just to shoot the breeze about trucks and wheeling.

Greg is a great businessman because he really enjoys what he does and what we do. You can't fake his kind of enthusiasm. He really WANTS your shocks to work perfectly.

·
on line
750 Posts
On another note..your shocks will also soften a little bit on their own. After putting about 2K on my rig..with some obligatory wheeling and mini-jumps.. it's quite a bit less rigid feeling now.

Or my arse is getting tougher.

·
on line
628 Posts
d-rap said:
mcampana said:
Greg is a great businessman because he really enjoys what he does and what we do. You can't fake his kind of enthusiasm. He really WANTS your shocks to work perfectly.
Couldn't have said it better myself, but that is how I felt after he got me setup with I am currently running with.

·
on line
30 Posts
IMO I would not revalve the shocks just lower the preload on the spring until you get the front bumper. This is what I did until I get the front bumper. You would be surprised what a difference it makes. Than after the install just crank it back up.

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I could do that but being that i dont have the funds yet for the bumper, by the time i order it, its gonna be a while before i get it. Plus Greg said there was a new rebound and valving on the newer Rads. Im just gonna bring them to him so he can tune them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts