Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
on line
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at buying a set of Radflos.

What Maintenance is there with them?

I had heard that this type of coilovers need to be rebuilt often.

Do the Radflos need to be rebuilt often?

·
on line
3,050 Posts
plus who wants to dump 1500+ into a suspension kit that needs to be rebuilt...from what people have said about his products its pretty awesome. I dont even have my full kit yet and I would still reccommend it just from what I have read.

·
on line
807 Posts
c/o's can be rebuilt, but that is just in place of trashing them and getting new ones like you would have to with the stock struts. How you wheel will determine how often they need rebuilt, but maybe you'll rebuilt them once over the life of your truck, maybe twice if you drive the thing until the wheels fall off.

·
on line
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't get me wrong. Just asking a question. I'm not saying that they arn't quality. I know that sometimes when things are more high performance they require more maintenance. I just want to know what to expect.

It sounds like they can be rebuilt but it isn't a yearly thing. Sounds good!

I just talked to Greg. He confirmed that if there is a problem then thay can be rebuilt but otherwise nothing is needed.

·
on line
1,320 Posts
they do need to be rebuilt often... if you do 90mph thru the Baja desert for 1000mls only stopping for fuel and to take a dump.

These ideas only come from the fact that this type of product is the same as what is used in $200k race trucks that put the equal amount of wear on suspension in one race as we might in 3-4 years.
Yes, the race teams do rebuild them after every race (a lot) because they cycle them so hard that they generate enough heat to burn your hand on the shock cyclinder.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts