Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
on line
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here I am looking at this brand new coilover and thinking to myself, I don't even know how to adjust them. I understand the actual process, but how do I know when I am at the limits of its capability? Is it a precise measurement or is an eyeball kind of thing? I have the shorter ones, for use with stock UCA.

And while I'm at it, I would like to install my new Bils with the boots down. From what I have read some say the bushings are different for the upper and lower mounting points. Can I just pop these out and switch them around if thats the case?

·
on line
13,466 Posts
Your not going to be able to switch thos ebushings in the new Bils you got. Just aint happening, you should have told greg you wanted to mount them differently when ya ordered them.

As for the adjustment of the Rads. Instal them, the threads with wd 40, lossen the bottom lock ring so you can spin it out of the way, then use the big ole wrench they came with and turnn to tighten, righty tighty, left loosey. I measured from thebottom of the lower mount to the bottom of the adjustment ring. But then i also did measurements from the ground to the bottom of the fender/wheel well afer it was on the ground, its a process that is tedious and will take some time, but...............i dont see why you need to adjust them anyways. You have the stock uca's, leave the rads alone.

·
on line
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mcampana said:
USARMY''s are shorter than mine.
I am curious as to what the difference in the dimensions are.

I was asking about adjustments because when I ordered these I had told Greg that I was running with just the Deavers, I am assuming he configured them for that, if that's why asks. But after staring at the truck over the weekend I decided to call him up this morning and order the Shackles. My X has always sat a bit lower in the rear since the day I installed the Deavers and the TGC Spacers. I only intend to use the 1" placement on the shackles and I'm hoping it works out perfect for me. I like the height I am at, I just want better functionality out of the whole setup, and that coil bucket contact is so [email protected] annoying.

·
on line
238 Posts
The only difference between the two radflow coilovers is the extended length. No matter how Greg sends them to you only you can adjust them to have the appropriate lift you want. The weight of the front of the vehicle with equipment will make a difference in the preload (spring tension) needed. Also, hub to fender is a much more accurate way of measuring heights being it isn't effected by tire pressures and tire wear over time.

·
on line
1,320 Posts
the 2" lift have a shorter stroke which equates to shorter shaft length... hence the ability to not extend enough to create coil bucket contact...
the 3" lift have longer stroke

1 - 9 of 9 Posts