Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
on line
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was wondering how high we can go with our RadFlo's.

Greg sends them with a 1" gap between the top of the lower Shock cap and the locking collar of the Spring. He states that it will give you 3" of lift but we have scene that some of the guys here have gone up from that.

I have 1 1/4" and have read that someone has 2".

How far can we go before it is causing damage and unable to get close to factory alignment specs.

Got bored and was just thinking out loud. Couldn't find rock solid answer then again there may not be one.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Yup, you are right. There is no solid answer. I think I had a 1.75 inch gap when I had mine. But I had lots of coil bucket contact when hitting small drop offs and such. It all depends on what you want. The shocks can't be extended past their capabilities, so you can pretty much adjust your height to what you want. But in doing so you take the 'shock absorbing' capabilities away from them (on down travel) if you have them almost fully extended.

I wouldn't judge it on that though, I would adjust them to what height you want then are how much space you have between your UCA and coil bucket. A couple of inches worth of space is optimal, but you can get away with less (I know I did)

·
on line
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good question

We have a bunch of guys on this forum that are running Greg's lift and everyone is a little different.

I was just looking to see if as a group with the lift if anyone has found that sweet spot yet?

I'll give him a call when I get out of this cell service black hole.

·
on line
1,320 Posts
XterraVT said:
I was just looking to see if as a group with the lift if anyone has found that sweet spot yet?
My sweet spot; I run mine with about 1/4" between top collar and top of shock... gives less than 3/4" lift so I maximize travel.

Set them up for the minimum amount of lift you need so as not to sacrifice ride quality.

·
on line
1,831 Posts
One way to get some extra height out of your PRG set-up is to make sure you order the 750lb coils, rather than the 650lb coils that come standard.

This is especially important if you've got a winch bumper.

·
on line
2,248 Posts
syndicate said:
One way to get some extra height out of your PRG set-up is to make sure you order the 750lb coils, rather than the 650lb coils that come standard.

This is especially important if you've got a winch bumper.
I thought Eibach had discontinued those 750 lb coils? I thought that's what Greg told me when I ordered mine, but maybe I'm wrong.

·
on line
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm pretty sure that I have 750lbs coils.

I know that's what I asked for when I placed my order with Greg. Told him that I was 100% Shrocked and I had a winch up front.

Probably know way to really tell by looking at the springs.

Either way I'm a happy camper with my setup.

·
on line
2,077 Posts
mine are 750 and i didn't even ask for them, mine were made in may....i hope they weren't discontinued, that would mean my new coilover may have a different spring on it....hummm.......

·
on line
3,050 Posts
willgr1 said:
you can buy a small coil spacer from greg to give you additional lift, no need for a whole new coilover, the spacer goes inside the coilover, not like the spacers many are using now
I didnt know that you could combine both....what kind if lift will that give you?

·
on line
1,320 Posts
miles said:
willgr1 said:
you can buy a small coil spacer from greg to give you additional lift, no need for a whole new coilover, the spacer goes inside the coilover, not like the spacers many are using now
I didnt know that you could combine both....what kind if lift will that give you?
same (3") lift as the standard Radflo's (for use w/the TC uca) with a bit less travel.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts