Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
TNX Veteran
4,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Rear shocks for 3-4" of lift. These were on my Titan-swapped Xterra for about 4 years. I think about 45k miles on them. I replaced the uniballs at the bottom of the shocks about 10K miles ago. Otherwise, they don't appear to be leaking, and there are no scratches on the shaft. Should be good to bolt right on!

Price: $200 shipped to continental US

·
TNX Veteran
4,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm interested, can you take an eye-to-eye measurement? I'm running the arb 1.5" lift leaf packs and adding prg shackles on the lowest or middle setting depending on how low I can run the TS mk2s and want to make sure these will be the right length.
Whoops, yeah. I thought I put that in here. They are right at 23" eye-to-eye.

For what it's worth, I started running these with my 4" lift leaves & PRG shackle at lowest setting. Now, my leaves have sagged to about 2" of lift (lol) and my PRG shackle is on the highest setting, and I've added helper springs. So I'm at somewhere between 3-4" of lift in the rear.

I am also getting TS MKII's delivered any moment now. I don't know the official number of "lowest lift" but I run my Radflos at 3" now (maybe just under 3"), and I think that is the sweet spot of giving you ground clearance & putting you in the middle of your travel.

·
TNX Veteran
4,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My plan is to run 3" up front and 2.5-3" total in the rear, my fear is that these will be too long. but if you are at 3-4 inches and they work fine maybe they are not too long. could you maybe take a finder-to-hub center measurement for the rear?
It's hard to measure by myself with offset wheels having the hub in, and wheel spacers pushing the whole wheel/tire out. But I think I am right at 25" hub to fender. Does that sound right? What are you?

Also, I'm not sure if we are talking about the same thing when it comes to factory rake. I always refer to everything as "level" to start. I have 3" lift in the front, and 4" in the rear, which means the rear is 1" taller than the front. I'm not saying 4" of lift over the 1" factory rake (making it 2" taller than the front). So maybe we are talking about the same ride height after all. Or maybe I am just making us both more confused :D

·
Registered
153 Posts
haha okay, I'm talking lift over stock front and rear, separate, so I'm not really including rake I don't think. I plan to run the front 3" higher than a stock X, this should be about 37.5" to the fender on 265/75/r16. Then I plan to also run 2.5-3" over stock in the rear so 37.75-39 to the fender with 265/75/r16.

My rear hub to fender now is 22" (leaf pack already on), with the shackle added I would be 23-23.5".

·
TNX Veteran
4,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@Skiller1nc are you worried about bottoming out or too much extension? This shock is about as much travel as you can get without having to mess with the E-brake hose. You will have to do rear brake line management (this if you are not familiar). But I don't think the shock body is that drastically different from the next level down Radflo

·
TNX Veteran
4,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm worried about bottoming/compressing and not being able to fully stuff/hitting the internal shock bump stops constantly due to the shock body length.

post 1 on this thread, i know its a different shock but same issue T-swap done, But I'm not done...

how long is the shock body, eye to end of body?
A: 11" (body alone without the black eye part)
B: 13 3/8" (end of body to center of eye)
3: 14" (end of body to end of eye)

Material property Gas Cylinder Audio equipment Metal

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yeah I think these are going to be too long for my setup, can you take 2 final measurements, can u do the A and B like you did but for the shaft side eye to the start of the body?

Also I really appreciate you taking the time to measure these, ive been hesitant to buy shocks anyway because there are some sizing discrepancies on the forum so this has been extremely helpful.

·
TNX Veteran
4,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah I think these are going to be too long for my setup, can you take 2 final measurements, can u do the A and B like you did but for the shaft side eye to the start of the body?

Also I really appreciate you taking the time to measure these, ive been hesitant to buy shocks anyway because there are some sizing discrepancies on the forum so this has been extremely helpful.
10 13/16" to the end, 9 7/8" to the eye

I opened/unpacked my box and everything :cry:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Trust me, I wanted them too, I wasn't even going to haggle on the price. the dims provided and what I've measured on my car would only leave me 3.5" between the end of the shock body and the shaft-side eye, so that then only leaves 1-2.5" of the exposed shaft depending on how long the "head" on the shaft end is, so basically no up travel

·
TNX Veteran
4,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Trust me, I wanted them too, I wasn't even going to haggle on the price. the dims provided and what I've measured on my car would only leave me 3.5" between the end of the shock body and the shaft-side eye, so that then only leaves 1-2.5" of the exposed shaft depending on how long the "head" on the shaft end is, so basically no up travel
You just need more lift ;) I can't imagine our setups are that different. But no problem! Let me know if you change your mind

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.