Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
on line
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called them last week, but forgot to post the info.

They told me they're almost done w/ some Titan stuff, but they're working on R&P gearsets for the X, Fronty and Pathfinder. Apparently there's a big off-road expo in So-Cal in early October and they hope to have all of their Nissan stuff done to show off.

I've been keeping in touch with them for the last 6 months or so. Their original estimates have long since passed, but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that we'll see them by the end of the year.

Isn't Precision Gear working on some stuff as well?

·
on line
75 Posts
The Titan, the X and Frontiers all share the same rear end if your model has the M226/D44. Thus if they make Titan gear sets our rear gears are done too. Same on differentials and brakes.

I have another vender working on gears and diffs for Nissan trucks. I have not said who it was do to the fact that, Nissan is involved in the developement also. The gear sets may end up a NISMO part. Regardless parts are getting built for us! Believe me as soon as I hear any news it will be posted. I have been told by the end of summer.

·
on line
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I heard from someone at GONE that someone had confirmed that the ARB lockers from the first gen C200 axles would work in the 2nd gen C200 axles as well. Anybody heard anything about that?

·
on line
107 Posts
ARB locker for C200

Oregon,
It was I who made that statement. XterraRacer confirmed the spline count for the rear axle that goes into our C200 differential - it is a 31 spline count, which is what is required for the ARB locker.

However, it was the opinion of at least two individuals who should have some weight behind their positions (an aftermarket manufacturing company owner and Xterra desert racing driver) that the C200 differential and the 31 spline rear axle are not very strong (at least not relative to the M226/D44 diff with thicker 32 spline count axles), and that adding a locker might be an invitation to destroy the axle(s) themselves.

I am still waiting for better products / more money before I try an ARB rear locker for my C200.

I was hoping that the mod-happy SexTerra would try this mod 1st . . . . :drunken:

·
on line
15,651 Posts
The good thing is, axle shafts are pretty cheap used (they can be found online at junk yards). So, if you should snap an axle shaft, it's not a hard replacement and not all that expensive.

·
on line
75 Posts
It is true that axles are cheap. Even having a set of trick alloy axles is less than $400 to have custom made. So the C200 with the ARB may be an ok way to go for a dual sport configuration.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts