Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
121 - 140 of 145 Posts
I just saw the posting. What a loss - and an again proof that life's not fair. RIP brother

I'm so stunned by this news even though it has been a few weeks. I've been busy and did not go on TheNewX a whole lot lately until today I received a news letter from the forum about this.
My heart and prayers goes out to his family. His X indeed is one of the best, if not it is the best on this forum. Even I have not met him yet in person but from the forum he portrait as a knowledgeable and friendly person. R.I.P.

Just now seeing this,
Feels like a rug pulled out from under me and I never really met the man.

We spoke in emails and he had nothing but praise and positive things to say.
He seemed like the kind of guy who lived life the way it should be lived.

I can not even imagine the loss felt by his family and loved ones.

I could not believe what I was reading when checking the forums!As one of the locals i'm saddened because I was looking forward to meeting Boyd, but never had a chance to make it out to any of the runs this year.You could tell from reading his post's that he was one of the good ones and will be missed by many!My prayers and condolences go out to all his family and friends in their time of loss.RIP Boyd

I just saw this in my email newsletter and am shocked and saddened.He was much too young to go.
Boyd's truck is fantastic and he was a regular contributor on this forum.
I also enjoy hockey and flyfishing and always loved his forum name!
That is a great idea to try and have a carving or something of his Xterra on the bench.I'll certainly contribute.
I hope his baby goes to someone who will care for it and love it as he did.
From another Canadian;my condolences to his family and girlfriend and we thank his father for posting on here as well!
TOTM

Alright guys... The nominees for TOTM are all in. When the poll goes up, show Boyd what he meant to you and lets get him the August TOTM. How he never won it before with a rig like that shows the high calibre of vehicles you have on this forum, but August is for Boyd... Get your votes in.

Discussion starter · #137 ·
Flyfish3837 (Boyd) Memorial

Memebers of A.X.E. (Alberta Xterra En·thu·si·asts) of which Boyd was the founding member, met today for a memorial trail run and to install a log bench in his memory at the 'top of the world' at Mclean Creek.
A bronze plaque has also been designed and ordered which we will permanently attach to the bench.
Anyone wishing to contribute towards the cost of this project is welcome to send a donation via paypal.
(k.frizzley@visions.ca)
If donations exceed the cost ($1300) we will make a contribution to the Children's Wish Foundation in Boyd's memory.

Detailed Build thread here:

121 - 140 of 145 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.