Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Join VAXC in checking out Red Cloud Off-Road Park, the closest off road park to our nation's capital! There is currently a day run scheduled from 10 - 6, and potentially a night run from 6-11 if there is enough interest. Primitive camping will be available on site.

If a night run happens on Saturday, the park will NOT be open on Sunday due to limited park staff available.

Fees are $25 for the day run, $30 for night, $50 for both, and $10 for passengers (day and night charged separately). Everyone must sign up on the R-COR website and prepay to reserve their spot.

http://www.redcloudoffroad.com/events/saturday-day-run-night-run-3/

Required Gear:
Front/Rear Recovery Points
Full Size Spare

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I plan on it, but for me it depends on how the lady is doing.

I think Nick was planning on it as well, he might have a buddy with him if I remember correctly.

I figure if I am doing the night run, I wont want to also have to drive back that same night.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Just registered for the day and night run. I take it the group has permission to camp? Site said it is prohibited without prior approval.

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So far that would make 4 people camping.
co-pilot isn't too keen on camping, something about cold weather or something like that.

We will be hanging out with the camping people for a bit after the night run, we are only like an hour and a half away from home. Since this place opens at 10 and we will want to set up and actually meet up before hand, I am aiming to get in their parking no later than 9:30am personally. So I will be leaving RIC about, ummm, 7:45ish.

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
UPDATE!

The convoy from the VB and HR area is meeting up with the Richmond guys at the TA off of 95N in Ashland.

Time is from 08:15 to 08:30 (keeping in mind traffic)

Address is:

10134 Lewistown Rd
Ashland, VA 23005-7952
United States

CB Channel: TBD at this time

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Another update! Cause updates are awesome!

We will be using CB Channel 32 on the convoys - so anyone that falls behind, is late, or jumps in last min, tune to 32 and let us know so we can make sure you fall in.

·
on line
1,340 Posts
So where is all the pictures and videos??????

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here are most of the pictures

VAXC at R-COR

Lesson learned though - we should have checked this out with like 2-3 rigs first. We had an awesome turn out, but a few people got some damage. Nothing too serious that will deter people from wheeling again. But, a rough first impression for a few.

·
on line
1,340 Posts
Here are most of the pictures

VAXC at R-COR

Lesson learned though - we should have checked this out with like 2-3 rigs first. We had an awesome turn out, but a few people got some damage. Nothing too serious that will deter people from wheeling again. But, a rough first impression for a few.
Don't have Facebook.

Some of those trails are stick. Specialty with all the rain we have had. One trail kept sliding sideways so I just winched up. I may have made it but didn't want to take the chance.

What damage did you guys get?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Don't have Facebook.

Some of those trails are stick. Specialty with all the rain we have had. One trail kept sliding sideways so I just winched up. I may have made it but didn't want to take the chance.

What damage did you guys get?
Pics/Vids will be on the website soon. I'll make that a priority this weekend.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts