Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Off-road, ADO 2" HD lift, Grabbers
191 Posts
No, and yes.
Codes do not just pop up, most of the time.
A battery failur can cause all types of codes, and sometimes not.
The best way to tell would be to clear the codes and see what, if any, recode. If your scan tool can run CAN test even better.

·
Registered
94 Posts
If you're using the android app called "Torque", I believe there is a register you can read for "Last time MIL was cleared". It will tell you how long its been since the last time all the code were cleared. This could give you an idea how long these codes have been on there for.

Might be helpful.

·
Registered
2014 Xterra PRO-4X
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you're using the android app called "Torque", I believe there is a register you can read for "Last time MIL was cleared". It will tell you how long its been since the last time all the code were cleared. This could give you an idea how long these codes have been on there for.
I use OBDLink and it indicated a couple thousand miles since the last reset. I could not find any way to tell when the codes popped up.
I ended up leaving the codes, I didn't clear them. And I asked the seller (carmax) to investigate them. Actually, I expect they will just clear them, but I wanted them to see and record that they were there in case they pop back up.
But I feel pretty confident it's all head unit related.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts