Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright all,
I just got my Radflo 2.0 three weeks ago and have the "Clunk" talked to Greg at PRG tonight and he said since they are only three weeks old he could swap them out for 2.5's for $300! Is it worth it ?? I was thinking about just sending it into Radflo and having them check em out but but the cost to ship is half the price of the 2.5's,Thoughts??

·
Registered
59 Posts
Freight should only be about $30 or so. You cant go by what the online prices say, you have to physically go down and see what it would be.

·
on line
22,508 Posts
Do you have stock UCA's or aftermarket? If you are running stock UCA's, thats the problem; UCA to coil bucket contact. 2.5's aren't going to fix that. You need to crank down your coilovers or buy aftermarket UCA's.

If you do have aftermarket UCAs: If the 2.0's are only 3 weeks old, talk to Greg. Should be fixed under warranty. 2.5's aren't needed IMHO unless you are running high speed sand dunes and need the extra oil capacity for cooling. Same with remote res. I wouldn't waste the $300 on them. Much better uses for that $.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you have stock UCA's or aftermarket? If you are running stock UCA's, thats the problem; UCA to coil bucket contact. 2.5's aren't going to fix that. You need to crank down your coilovers or buy aftermarket UCA's.

If you do have aftermarket UCAs: If the 2.0's are only 3 weeks old, talk to Greg. Should be fixed under warranty. 2.5's aren't needed IMHO unless you are running high speed sand dunes and need the extra oil capacity for cooling. Same with remote res. I wouldn't waste the $300 on them. Much better uses for that $.
I have SPC UCA and trimmed CB I know for sure as many times as I have had it on the lift there is no contact. Anyhow I think your right better things to spend the $300 on. Anyhow I need the shock done by Radflo before I leave for AZ they said it should only take a week or so to receive it back. anyhow I will have to see. Everyone who has the clunk says they just deal with it, but in the back of my mind I feel that something is just gonna fall off.
Also.... I like your last profile pic better Surf and Snow

·
on line
22,508 Posts
I have SPC UCA and trimmed CB I know for sure as many times as I have had it on the lift there is no contact. Anyhow I think your right better things to spend the $300 on. Anyhow I need the shock done by Radflo before I leave for AZ they said it should only take a week or so to receive it back. anyhow I will have to see. Everyone who has the clunk says they just deal with it, but in the back of my mind I feel that something is just gonna fall off.
Also.... I like your last profile pic better Surf and Snow
Who did you ship through ?
Thank you for clearing up the coil bucket contact concern. Moving on: You can just ship the coilovers regular UPS, FedEx, or USPS. No need for freight shipping. $30 as mentioned is about right for the cost. $300 is INSANELY OFF! But again, if you just bought them, call Greg. It sound like a problem on either RadFlo or PRG's end, and shipping both ways and rectifying the problem should be 100% on them. Greg @ PRG can be tough to reach, but his customer service is great when you can get him. I've been there, and done that.

As for the last comment... GO PACK!!!! :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Contacted Greg this evening and he said that I had two options either send them back and pay $300 for upgraded Rad 2.5 or call Radflo. Called Radflo and they said that I could send them in for a fixing and it was covered by warranty.So I think Ill just send it in, Its only my drivers side. Do you think its okay to run a stock shock on one side and a Rad on the other ?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you for clearing up the coil bucket contact concern. Moving on: You can just ship the coilovers regular UPS, FedEx, or USPS. No need for freight shipping. $30 as mentioned is about right for the cost. $300 is INSANELY OFF! But again, if you just bought them, call Greg. It sound like a problem on either RadFlo or PRG's end, and shipping both ways and rectifying the problem should be 100% on them. Greg @ PRG can be tough to reach, but his customer service is great when you can get him. I've been there, and done that.

Oh yes, and my sway bar is completely off. Yep I think I will just send it in to get situated. Think it will be okay to run a stock shock one side and Rad on the other for a week or so ?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Question : When you say"I've been there, and done that" what exactly did you have an issue with ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts