Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
on line
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a powered sub that i'm about to put in the back, but there are a lot of times when we sleep in the X, move a bunch of chit, or whatever and the big sub could need to be taken out. Is it possible to have quick disconnect wiring done? And is that safe? I don't need live wires sparking and jacking around back there. I don't want to unscrew wires from the sub every time...rather have some sort of connect/disconnect within the wire.

Discuss.

·
on line
975 Posts
I want to do the same thing, I have a 12" that resides in my Jetta, but it would be nice to put it in the X. Not sure if this is the smartest way do to it, but I'm going to just pull the main inline fuse out when not in use. And instead of having to unhook the wires from the amp every time I'll just add in some sort of quick disconnects.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Sure it will work, but you don't want the wires to ground out while no speaker is in there, I like the plugs on the bottom for that reason. Myself, I'd go with a permanant mount female plug on the X with a cover and plug the speaker into that. I don't think you need that gigantic of a plug, a stereo shop can help you, go with the gold. MC

·
on line
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Word. Thanks guys. I originally wanted to tackle this myself but it might just be best to leave it in the hands of a shop and explain my needs.

·
on line
1,361 Posts
McTullis said:
Word. Thanks guys. I originally wanted to tackle this myself but it might just be best to leave it in the hands of a shop and explain my needs.
you can do it, just ask any questions you have here.

I have my sub so it's removable, but my amp is under my seat, so all I have to do is disconnect my sub box, take it out and cover the speaker wires.

·
on line
339 Posts
McTullis said:
I have a powered sub that i'm about to put in the back, but there are a lot of times when we sleep in the X, move a bunch of chit, or whatever and the big sub could need to be taken out. Is it possible to have quick disconnect wiring done? And is that safe? I don't need live wires sparking and jacking around back there. I don't want to unscrew wires from the sub every time...rather have some sort of connect/disconnect within the wire.

Discuss.
what kind of powered sub do you have?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts