Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
on line
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do our stock headers have cats and O2 sensors built in with them? I know this is a totally different car, but when I replaced the headers on my 02 BMW 325, the stock headers had cats and O2 sensors built into the headers, so when I put aftermarket headers without the cats, the car was throwing the check engine light. Will we have that problem with our trucks, or do they not have cats in the headers?

·
on line
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
S_e_X-Terra said:
no worries dude. Our headers are only headers. the other crap is seperate. I replaced mine with JBA. What were you looking to get?
I was looking at JBA as well. I can't decide if I should get the JBA headers or the WRP manifold spacer

·
on line
830 Posts
malakia12 said:
S_e_X-Terra said:
no worries dude. Our headers are only headers. the other crap is seperate. I replaced mine with JBA. What were you looking to get?
I was looking at JBA as well. I can't decide if I should get the JBA headers or the WRP manifold spacer
I would get the headers. Manifold spacers what a joke. Thats like the throttle body spacer, tornado and ebay chip.

·
on line
15 Posts
bigdaddychia said:
malakia12 said:
S_e_X-Terra said:
I would get the headers. Manifold spacers what a joke. Thats like the throttle body spacer, tornado and ebay chip.
If someone puts the actual vehicle and motor on a dyno it is not as much of a joke imo. If this is the case than why even do the headers or any other mod at that

·
on line
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Personally, I thought the manifold spacer would yield better gains than the headers would. Am I mistaken? Plus, I want some better lower end, cause with the intake and exhaust, I lost some in the low end and gained it up top.

·
on line
4,495 Posts
Actually Scott, a lot of people have reported actual gains from the intake manifold spacer. Those precats can be seperated from the stock manifold and rebolted to the new headers.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Friggin pre-cats!!! How would I go about getting a reputable shop building me some pipes to replace those things? Almost everyone I have talked to said they dont mess with cats.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts