Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
on line
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok i was going to buy 4 plain steelie for the X from a guy in AZ.
the wheels are $150 the shipping is going to be a 190!
Something doesn't add up to me. check this out.
The carrier service is screwing him or i'm getting bent
over w/out :ky:

posted April 16, 2007 07:11 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey there, Well the shipping estimate came in at 94.13 per box (2 wheels in each box) for UPS ground, so the total shipping would be 188.26. The total price would be 338.26. The shipping is more than I thought it would be; Let me know if you still want them.... If so you can pay through paypal with a credit card or bank account to my email address . Once I get the funds, I will ship the wheels
________
Ultimate fighter

·
on line
400 Posts
shipping is a bit on the high side divide by 2 and that would be more like it..

·
on line
400 Posts
BoonDox said:
no way am i going to pay 188 for shipping.
I can buy 4 new steelies and spacers for almost
that price.
whats the weight estimate for the full package?

·
on line
1,884 Posts
Call a wheel dealer in the same area and get a shipping quote from them. Remember that big boxes that weigh a lot are expensive to ship. In the climbing world we used to have to pay close to $100 to ship a crash pad that only weighed around 13 pounds due to its "Dimensional" weight.

·
on line
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
dragonplayboy was going to ship me 4 steelies and spacers for a 100
Thats from florida. I'm just not going to pay that price.
Nothing to guy if thats the shipping cost but damn thats alot is all i'm saying.
________
DODGE DURANGO SPECIFICATIONS

·
on line
1,084 Posts
Go to the ups website or to the usps website estimate (high) on the weight as input the two zips. See what it comes out to and call him out if he's screwing you.It's not like you're ever gonna see the guy and if u do smack him for trying to screw you

·
on line
551 Posts
Shipping sound real high to me. Could be because of the box (2 per box) and because it's oversize there is a surcharge.
I just got 4 steelies for my Suburban (16x8) from Summit. 4 boxes, each at 36 pounds. Shipping was free..No way would they have covered it if it was that much. Oh and they used UPS ground also.

·
on line
1,320 Posts
I got 4 Titan steelies shipped from FL to LA for $60
Had another fro spare shipped from CA to LA for $17
I shipped an X steelie to mcampana for about $16 from LA to OH.
***These were all Fedex or DHL

So figure about 15-20 per wheel... if he packed them all into one giant box the dimensions may significantly increase the price.

·
on line
1,361 Posts
mcampana said:
OR.........! OR! Order them from jim at shrockworks and then you wont get them for 7 months , but you can stillpay for them up front.
I feel like you are the guy in your avatar and those bottles are going to burst shortly. I read your other post and that sucks.

yes, I agree with the rest 180 is way to much.

·
on line
244 Posts
I shipped 4 steelies from TN to CA. Each box weighed 36 lbs each. I used DHL, which is the cheapest, for $28.40 a box.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts