Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
on line
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - so this is my first post to the board. I've been reading it for a few weeks now and I finally have an intelligent question :)

I'm looking to add the aftermarket heated seat pads to the driver and passenger seats. Will help with the Canadian Winter just around the corner :)

Anyway - to my question... I have the factory service manual and I've been reading about removing the seat trim and there is a warning about removing the seat cushion assembly or the trim as it will affect the "Occupant Classification System calibration". So what do you think - am I going to cause myself more hard than good with trying to add this or should I be safe?

Obviously I'm going to proceed with the drivers seat - but the wife may have to do with a warm back and cold... well - you get the idea.

Thanks!!

·
on line
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah ok, I've seen that post when I was searching on removing the seats. Sounds good.

I'm taking this Friday off so I can have the full day at it while the wife is at work. I just hope the snow on the ground is gone by then or I'll be wearing my toque and mittens. :)

Thanks!
Fred

·
on line
2,938 Posts
How do you work on your X with mittens on? Man I haven't heard the word toque in years.

eh?

·
on line
2,938 Posts
lifeinthesouth said:
what the hell is a toque?
Actually Toque is a french-canadian word for a pointed winter hat. I don't believe that toque is the correct spelling of the word, but that is how they spell in in Quebec.

·
on line
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ya - I like using that word around American's, always makes for a good time.

:toothy8:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts