Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
on line
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check this out. The product is called IGNITED PUSH BUTTON START. I thought this would be a very cool mod! Normally I wouldn't have because it still requires the key because the car still needs to recognize that chip, but with MC's hide the ignition mod along with this it might be pretty cool.

This is just one of the websites that have it:
http://www.autotoys.com/x/cust/product.php?productid=3866&cat=1178

I found this write up on the celica forums, this guy did a good job!

http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=148597

Anyway, thought I would share it.

·
on line
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot, from reading the install, you can disable the OEM ignition, so you have to put the key in the "on" position, but you can't start it anymore, you have to use the push button to start. Not exactly real push botton where it recognizes your key fob, but still pretty neat.

·
on line
54 Posts
The remote starter I installed has a wire on the harness for a pushbutton start. It uses a key transponder, so you can start it with out a key in the ignition. You still need to put the key in the ignition before you drive any where, or when you step on the break it kills the ignition.

·
on line
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hollywoodstylin said:
Before I converted over to the X, I came from the world of imports. This is actually an old mod.
Looks that way. Have you seen this installed? I like it but not sure yet. I wish Nissan did our X the way they did the Murano.

·
on line
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jwd270 said:
The remote starter I installed has a wire on the harness for a pushbutton start. It uses a key transponder, so you can start it with out a key in the ignition. You still need to put the key in the ignition before you drive any where, or when you step on the break it kills the ignition.
That sounds pretty neat. I remote start on my old car in Colorado, I needed it there, F(&^&*( cold!

·
on line
83 Posts
Dang we need to find a way to recognize the keyfob and then drive that way. I've been wanting to do this mod forever...I don't want to put my key in anymore!

·
on line
189 Posts
i have a remote start on my car

and i was wondering
how would these ignited engine start buttons work

would it work the same as having a remote starrt
like push button on remote starter
then insert key in car..??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts