Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
on line
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I wanted an Yellow Off-Road 6MT, but, I ended up buying a Super Black Off-Road 5AT. I'm very happy right now. :D It comes with the Technology package. I'm very excited guys. Thank you all for answering questions I had before. Here are few pics to share my excitement.

About 5 minutes after I parked my car, I had a bird pop it's poop cherry on my car! :( :D

·
on line
1,206 Posts
I wish my paint still looked like that lol
Congrats on the purchase, welcome to a very fun money pit...

·
on line
516 Posts
Congrats!!!

·
on line
432 Posts
Nice. Still have my temp tags on and I can only expect to love it more as I go. :)

Congrats.

·
on line
704 Posts
Damn! If I were back to my day 1, I'd definitely bring it to a shop in order to get some clear bras. This car looks awesome.

·
on line
709 Posts
Its too clean. take to the mud! thats what it was made for, it says it on the door panel. OFFROAD!
Nice truck. what does the technology package include?

·
on line
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
x-mann said:
Its too clean. take to the mud! thats what it was made for, it says it on the door panel. OFFROAD!
Nice truck. what does the technology package include?
TXterra37 said:
Pretty sure that means it has the flip-down DVD player in the back.
LOL! No, it means it has the Rockford Fosgate system with subwoofer, bluetooth, steering wheel control, etc. Originally, I wanted to get the vehicle with everything basic and upgrade later but that was the only off-road they had and I did not want to wait. :)

·
on line
429 Posts
When it comes to time to resell or trade in your X, you will be damn glad you got the auto transmission. The manual transmission would essentially "opt out" 95+% of prospective buyers... and would be a loser on trade in value, which is already a loser situation.

As far as the not getting the Solar Yellow color, to a lesser extent... you still did yourself a favor. When I bought my first X, I wanted yellow too, but a buddy of mine, gulp, sells cars for a living (at a Nissan dealership) 1500 miles away. He advised against against Solar Yellow as it is not a popular color (obviously popular with "yellow" enthusiasts), generally speaking, for resale... the "short bus" syndrome, I guess.

Pat yourself on the back and be happy.

I am also very happy... because seven hours ago, I drove home in my new '08, Off Road 4X4/Super Black/Charcoal/Side curtain air bag X... and if I want to resell at a future date, no probs.

·
on line
3,218 Posts
He advised against against Solar Yellow as it is not a popular color (obviously popular with "yellow" enthusiasts), generally speaking, for resale... the "short bus" syndrome, I guess.
Weird.. Solar Yellow first appeared on the Frontier trucks popularized on Baywatch, then on the Xterra as a limited production(5%) color. It was such an immediate success, Nissan moved it to a permanent color option and increased the % (20) of vehicles to be produced as such. Some would say, Solar Yellow is the color that saved Nissan in the late 90's..
If they had on AT OR model after my Gen1 was totaled, I'dve gotten another :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts