Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
on line
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone in the past ever created a business card type thing that could be used to place on a widnsheild of an Xterra you see in the parking lot? Promoting the website of course...

·
on line
1,574 Posts
i hate those things. ppl come to my high school and put those on every car, so the kids come out and just drop them on he ground.
spoiled careless bastards

·
on line
1,739 Posts
I wear the bumper sticker on the back window for another web site. Figure that those that eye-ball the truck might be interested.

·
on line
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, thanks for the opinions. I already have the site decal on my back window.

·
TNX Administrator
20,246 Posts
Bueller44 said:
Has anyone in the past ever created a business card type thing that could be used to place on a widnsheild of an Xterra you see in the parking lot? Promoting the website of course...
Yeah, it came up a long time ago, but I don't know if anybody actually did anything with it;

http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=707

·
on line
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I see tons of X owners around Vancouver and area, yet think I found less than 12 in the list of members for our site. The decal is great, but I want to promote more as I want to find some Xterra owners that want to do trail runs. There are a couple on the site that do. But would be ice to have more.
I may do some business cards? Who knows!!

·
TNX Administrator
20,246 Posts
Creek said:
i think i may have to print out some of those from the link that Old Navy posted and keep them in my glove box. I've seen quite a few X's in local parking lots that are just begging to start being modded. hehe.
Actually it's still not a bad idea and that link is still usable for the flyer.
http://www.carlos-roque.com/Xterra/ThenewX.orgBig.jpg

·
on line
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
some support of the idea!!! I am going to use them.
Thankss!!

·
TNX Administrator
20,246 Posts
hattrik21 said:
Yeah the SWXC uses them. I have a pretty decent layout that I print out using the buisness card paper you can get at office max.
Is it possible to see this layout or use it for this site?

·
on line
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I had 50 of them printed today. Just finished cutting them down and they are ready for the glove box. I think it is a great way to promote the website and for me, create some more interest in the Vancouver area. The result being more people to go wheeling with!!hopefully!!

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Bueller44 said:
I had 50 of them printed today. Just finished cutting them down and they are ready for the glove box. I think it is a great way to promote the website and for me, create some more interest in the Vancouver area. The result being more people to go wheeling with!!hopefully!!
Why not step outside the Xterra world to find people to wheel with? I am sure there are a number of general off-road related sites in the area who would be more than happy to wheel with you. Even the local Xterra club here allows any one to join our runs. I wheel with all kinds of vehicles.

Now, promoting of the site is not a bad idea, but I doubt it will stir up many folks to wheel with. Those that want to wheel their X have already looked into it I am sure.

·
on line
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Muzikman said:
Bueller44 said:
Why not step outside the Xterra world to find people to wheel with? I am sure there are a number of general off-road related sites in the area who would be more than happy to wheel with you. Even the local Xterra club here allows any one to join our runs. I wheel with all kinds of vehicles.

Now, promoting of the site is not a bad idea, but I doubt it will stir up many folks to wheel with. Those that want to wheel their X have already looked into it I am sure.
You are right, There is a group called the 4Wheel Drive Association of BC that I joined last fall. They do a run the first Saturday of every month. The group actually manages and maintains a couple of former forestry campgrounds.

My goal in handing out the cards is to get more people around Vancouver on the site, and maybe a few more Xterras out on the trails.

·
on line
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
AZ-Ted said:
I bought a bunch of thenewX.org stickers from Jason. Mine has been on the truck for a few months, and I just passed 5 of them out at the Vegas run. IMHO, the best way to advertise the site is to have the sticker on the truck.
I also have the sticker on the truck. First thing I did when I joined the site.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts