Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
So, here's an interesting one. I got the truck to the garage and thought it couldn't hurt to flush the fluid again. I had about half a gallon left and thought I'd like to see what the fluid looked like. Hooked up my line and my bottle. Nothing is coming out. Just a few drops came out and then nothing. I added a little fluid to see what would happen. Nothing is pumping though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Drained the pan and pulled it off. Found that that filter was completely clogged. Cleaned it up and installed the pan again. Filled and tried to make it around the block. Something isn't happy. I'm worried that I'm just burning clutches at this rate.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Just a quick update. X has been on hold for a couple weeks. I spent last weekend working on my dad's Titan. Installed long tubes and catted B-pipes with an UpRev tune. The 200000 mile truck feels great again! Crazy difficult install, though. Saving a few bucks to buy a used transmission. Planning to install my new valve body in one and hopefully be good to go. I have a little pile of parts to install, too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Another quick update. It was a busy and hot summer at work. I actually sold my evo, too. Ended up with an e90 335i as a weekend car. Now I'm anxious to get the xterra running. I got the truck in the air over the past week. Driveshaft is pulled. Secondary cat pipes are off the car. All the wiring is off the transfer case.

So, I went to drain the xfer case... Approximately 1/2 a cup of fluid came out. That's pretty concerning. I'm hoping to get it off the truck tomorrow.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Decent update. I've been working little by little to get some things done before Christmas gets here and my weeks get longer. I pulled the transfer case of a few weeks ago. K member came off after a lot of banging. Starter was unbolted and one of the bolts stripped out. Mileage is unknown so I'll probably swap it out while it's off. I worked off and on over the past 2 weeks on the passenger's side cat and manifold. 2 nuts stripped. Finally got it off this afternoon.



Then I got the last 2 bellhousing bolts off after that. Trans came down pretty quikly.



Happy to see that the back of the engine is dry.



Swapped my electric can onto my CSF so I could toss the old radiator.



Got one of my valve covers replaced:



First sticker (lol):



I have a few maintenance parts on the way to tackle before I start putting the trans back on. Glad to be making some progress, though.
 
41 - 45 of 45 Posts
Top