Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Pulled the trigger on a new tent. Figured I'd share it and the deal I got it for.

After a good amount of web browsing and research, I went with the Big Agnes Big House 4. It's not too big but has enough space for a base camp tent I can keep in the X. It fits my needs and comes in a very manageable package.

The dark gray fold up carry bag you see is the tent and rainfly. In the yellow stuff sack is the optional accessory vestibule, which I was able to afford as well due to the prices I paid for everything. I got it at www.mpgear.com (Mountains Plus Gear). They periodically discount their tents and offer free shipping. On top of that, with select tents, they throw in a free footprint. Then on top of that, they offer you the vestibule at 10% off if you purchase it with the tent.

Open tent bag, vestibule, and included footprint (top)

What I did first was sign up for their newsletter/mailing list and got an immediate 10% off my entire order. Then bought the Big House 4 at $260 ($40 off MPG's usual price), which came with the included free footprint. I went with the vestibule as well for $90 ($10 off).

The tent usually retails for $300-350, the footprint for $50, and the vestibule for $100. So I've already saved $100, and that's before the 10% off and free shipping! In the end, I got the whole package shipped to my door for $315. Pretty sweet deal if you ask me. This is a tent that I will probably have for the rest of my life, made by a company with a great reputation for customer service and quality, that I got at a $150 discount.

When packed, it and the vestibule tuck up and out of the way nicely into the Raingler Interior Ceiling Net. The set up is simple, as there aren't many pieces. Here are some pics of it set up.

Very pleased with the purchase. We will see how it holds up on my upcoming trip out west. Happy camping folks :eek:ccasion5:

·
on line
4,593 Posts
made by a company with a great reputation for customer service and quality
Yup. I'm a Big Agnes fan.

And that vestibule really makes the tent.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts