Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Decided to get a new set of wheels and tires! These are the 295 flavor and are barely bigger than the guard dogs they are replacing. Please excuse the crap cell pics.

If you'll notice you will see a grinder sneaking around in one of the photos. :D

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
i see the grinder and that you need to weed your leaf springs

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^Thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
Those look great!! I'm wanting to get the exact same tire/size and put them on my stock rims.....how was the fitment? I've got the PRG advanced 4WD 3" lift...do you think they would fit in that being a bit bigger than the 285's?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Those look great!! I'm wanting to get the exact same tire/size and put them on my stock rims.....how was the fitment? I've got the PRG advanced 4WD 3" lift...do you think they would fit in that being a bit bigger than the 285's?

Thanks!
I had to do some trimming, but that's because of the wheels. If I had stock wheels there might be very slight trimming. I'm not sure, but because the tire is wider it may rub the frame with stock wheels. It struggles compared to the stock tires with the 3.36 gearing, but its tolerable. Its definitely not as good at merging as it used to be. Ive had 285s on my X before and I don't see a difference in performance between 285s and 295s.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Truck looks great - been thinking about picking up a set of Hankooks to replace my worn Duratracs.

Now that you've had them for a while, how are they treating you? Have read good things about their offroad abilities but are they decent on pavement too? Balance OK?

·
Banned
4,806 Posts
Truck looks great - been thinking about picking up a set of Hankooks to replace my worn Duratracs.

Now that you've had them for a while, how are they treating you? Have read good things about their offroad abilities but are they decent on pavement too? Balance OK?
They suck in packed snow (all MTs do though). I have about 10-12k miles on mine and they still balance great. Noisy after a rotation but that's to be expected.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

They drive well and are quiet for a MT, but Ive got one of them that didn't balance that great (according to Discount tire) and vibes can be felt at 64-67mph. Im going to take it back and see if they can re-balance it. Other than that they are fine.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Well I got them re-balanced after a couple thousand miles and they are much smoother now. I think the guy who did it before just slapped them on. I watched them get balanced the second time and the other employee had a much better grasp of balancing bigger tires. Other than a little tire hum, which I don't mind, I think they drive pretty well considering the price I paid for them. I don't think the ride quality would be as good as a duratrac for instance but its a pretty aggressive tread.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts