Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
on line
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a search and didn't see anything similar to this posted.

Has anyone had any issues with the CD changer for the RF package? Came home today and it just started shuffling through all 6 discs. So I ejected one, put it back in, it started playing. So I went to disc 2 it worked. So I selected disc 6. Screen read press eject, so I did. It switched to AM/FM and won't go back to CD mode.

Read the user manual, said that cd player might not work in extreme temperatures or humidity, so I've let it sit for a couple hours. Still won't go to CD mode and I have all 6 slots loaded with discs. Won't eject them either. Any great ideas?

I'm going to call the dealer probably regardless unless someone has a great insight or if it is working in the morning.

·
on line
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks very cool. My thought was that it is broken also. Should be replaced under warranty I'd think, but if it went out after warranty I'd probably get an after market unit. I've been really happy with the stock unit until this.

·
on line
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, everything is an ordeal. Took it to the dealer near work to have them look at the stereo. This is not the dealer I purchased at. They told me it was broken, ordered one to replace it. I e-mailed the service manager to see about adding the Nissan Ipod interface while the stereo was out. (I don't own and ipod, but the g/f does and I think I will be purchasing one soon). Thought this would be an easy thing to do while they had the stereo pulled. They quoted me $280 on the part and $350 to install.

That is $70 to run the wire about a foot over to the glove box. I know you have to take the glove box out, but still. I told the guy that seemed a little high that I could get the part cheaper and that $70 when they have half the work done by pulling the radio seemed steep. He wigged out, told me that his owner doesn't like him servicing vehicles from other dealers, that he was doing me a favor. Then e-mailed me again and told me to take my business back to the dealer where I purchased the car.

Now call me crazy, but doesn't this seem silly? I mean he told me their labor rate is $149 an hour. You know they make money everytime I take me vehicle there, and before this I would have considered going there for a future vehicle purchase. Not now. I will now take my truck back to the dealer where I purchased, just less convenient. They have treated me very well there though.

Guess I will buy the ipod cable and do it myself.

Likely no one is interested, but needed somewhere to vent my frustration on this one so I can get back to work.

·
on line
1,361 Posts
roygil15 said:
Wow, everything is an ordeal. Took it to the dealer near work to have them look at the stereo. This is not the dealer I purchased at. They told me it was broken, ordered one to replace it. I e-mailed the service manager to see about adding the Nissan Ipod interface while the stereo was out. (I don't own and ipod, but the g/f does and I think I will be purchasing one soon). Thought this would be an easy thing to do while they had the stereo pulled. They quoted me $280 on the part and $350 to install.

That is $70 to run the wire about a foot over to the glove box. I know you have to take the glove box out, but still. I told the guy that seemed a little high that I could get the part cheaper and that $70 when they have half the work done by pulling the radio seemed steep. He wigged out, told me that his owner doesn't like him servicing vehicles from other dealers, that he was doing me a favor. Then e-mailed me again and told me to take my business back to the dealer where I purchased the car.

Now call me crazy, but doesn't this seem silly? I mean he told me their labor rate is $149 an hour. You know they make money everytime I take me vehicle there, and before this I would have considered going there for a future vehicle purchase. Not now. I will now take my truck back to the dealer where I purchased, just less convenient. They have treated me very well there though.

Likely no one is interested, but needed somewhere to vent my frustration on this one so I can get back to work.
I would forward his emails to customer service at Nissan and make sure to cc him on them, also copy his sales manager. Be polite, and express your concerns and that now you won't take your business there. I bet at the least you get some free oil change coupons. :geek:

·
on line
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would definitely e-mail Nissan and tell them. Can't find any where to e-mail on their website, does anyone have any ideas on who I should e-mail?

·
on line
641 Posts
roygil15 said:
Would definitely e-mail Nissan and tell them. Can't find any where to e-mail on their website, does anyone have any ideas on who I should e-mail?
Call the dealership's main phone number, and tell the switchboard person that you need to speak to someone in administration in order to get the email address for the dealership's owner, and service manager. If they ask why, just say that you want to CC them on an email you are sending to Nissan USA.

·
on line
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies, I was dealing with the service manager, so I have his e-mail. What e-mail address would I forward everything on to for Nissan USA?

All ready spread the word at work a little bit. A guy in my department has an older Fronty, was thinking of getting a new one. He has said he won't take his business there.

·
on line
1,716 Posts
roygil15 said:

What assclowns! As for the I Pod adapter you don't even have to plug it into the back of the stereo, there is a plug under the drivers side kick panel that one end plugs into. The other end plugs into the control box that you mount under the steering wheel finisher panel and then you route the second harness behind the HVAC controls and they go into the top glove box. Just do it yourself and save the frustration and money.

·
on line
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Contacted Nissan USA today by leaving them a message on their website. Hopefully I hear back before too long and I will pass all of my correspondance with the dealer on to them. Not real encouraging as a first time buyer considering the amount of money I spent.

I will take your advice on the Ipod adapter and just do it myself. I didn't think it would be too hard to install, I just figured while it was in and they were doing warranty work maybe they'd cut me a break and save me some time. I guess I was wrong.

·
on line
1,977 Posts
I think I paid $210 for the interface.Took it to an audio shop and had it installed for $50.The installer was a Nissan mechanic and Fronty owner.I guess he didn`t know about the other connection point because he pretty much had the whole dash apart,As far as waiting for a reply from Nissan,don`t hold your breath.I wrote them a 4 page letter about a rust problem on my '01 X and they never got back to me!

·
on line
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Called and complained. They gave me an e-mail to send my corresondance from the dealer to. I copied the service manager on the e-mail. Probably nothing will come of it. We'll see. If I get any feed back from Nissan I will let everyone know.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts