Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
on line
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As soon as i connet the Remote the wench turns on does anyone know what could be wrong? It was working fine until i ran over the remote wire and it pulled really tight. I think some of the wires in the plug end might of came out or somethin. The remote looks perfect tho, there are not wires stickin out or anything.

·
on line
1,123 Posts
A wench that gets turned on when you grab the remote is something most men dream about!!! :sex:

Seriously, I understand that you meant winch. It sounds like you shorted a couple of wires when you ran over the cable. If you are handy with an ohmmeter then you might be able to confirm that, but fixing it might require splicing in a new cable.

·
on line
358 Posts
I'm sure that she is a nice girl, no need to call her names!

As kneebuster said, you need to take it apart and find the break in the wire. The safest thing to do is replace the whole wire.

·
on line
463 Posts
Whoopsey !!!
Ahh, that great sound of yet another one of Us spending money to keep our great economy moving!
Why it was just yesterday that I watched another X's Mudflap get caught on a rock and chew up the fender,,,,,,,,KaaChing !
( That's a cash register sound ! )
Time to call the winch mfgr. and own up to your deed,,,,tell them you might need a new remote control.
Jim B

·
on line
3,484 Posts
There are three wires, one is Ground and two are power, you have shorted out the wires somewhere. Maybe at the plug on winch. Maybe inside the wire cable. A new cable will fix it, try one out from someone else. If not it's on the winch end at the place where the plug enters I guess. MC

·
on line
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yah that was the problem, I just ordered a new WINCH remote

1 - 8 of 8 Posts