Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hio,

I've been playing with the thought of putting the Pro4x dam on my X but I couldn't find any threads through search to help with the process, also a couple questions;

1. Any pointers on how to run the wires through?

2. Does anyone know the size of the lights? are they the same size as the fogs? I read an article (i think here) of someone who replaced his fogs with Rigid D2s and a mount. If possible I'd like to be able to do that with the AirDam lights.

The idea is two driving d2's on the roof and two wide d2's on the pillars. If I like them enough I may even switch the fogs to some :idea1:

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
119 Posts
Wanting to do the same thing but have not found a pro 4x air dam yet. There is a very good sticky that xj-terra made up on this topic. Look at "off-road lights for the x"

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
I originally wanted to do the same. Problem was cost. That airdam goes for a premium and most people know it. Then there is the wiring, etc. Some are sometimes wanting to trade a normal air dam for the Pro4-X for a fewbucks.

I just decided to go the LED Light Bar route and have one hell of a light source up there.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the responses.

Yea, I've noticed some people asking a ridiculous amount for the air dam. But as some of you mentioned it does pop up from time to time for reasonable price + trade.

An LED Bar would be a good route light wise but Im worried about power consumption. I'm running a pretty serious sound system in my truck (TRAILBASS!). Not to mention, as cool as led bars are, I've never really been a big fan of the look of them on Xs with a stock rack (please don't hang me).

As far as wiring goes, It is a bit of an extra pain but I figure if I'm going to put any lights on top Im going to have a lot of the same worries regardless.

Does anybody know if they make a mount about the size of the Pro4x roof lights? If not are any close to the size and just need some minor changing?

I think I'm going to go for it. I have a mental mapped out plan of this x and Im pretty stubborn about changing it up :iconbiggrin:

Also, figure I might as well post this here too. Im about to start working on a new project, mount some Baja SIIs flush in the side mirrors! So if anyone has some rearview mirrors to let go of for cheap to benefit the progress of the xterra community send a PM my way :iconbiggrin: I'm looking for cheap because I might end up shattering some along the way.... Think of it as charity

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
meh , I prefer the LED light bars or even the Lightcage with KC lights over the "roof boobs" of the Pro4x airdam. NYX has a thread with the light amp draw of the LED lights if you wanted to check to see on draw and power consumption.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
meh , I prefer the LED light bars or even the Lightcage with KC lights over the "roof boobs" of the Pro4x airdam. NYX has a thread with the light amp draw of the LED lights if you wanted to check to see on draw and power consumption.

I like that, "roof boobs". Might have ruined it a bit for me there lol. I'll make sure to check out that NYX thread. At first I didnt like the look of them at all but I dont know, they've grown on me. Personally I like all my mods to look as OEM as possible.

Plus the lighting set up I'm thinking will only have a 100w/6amp draw. Considering amount of light, price and beam pattern I don't see it getting much better. Baja Driving SIIs on the side mirrors have to be slightly angled out which is perfect for widening the beam coverage and the 2 Rigid D2s on top will help with hills and add throw.

So inside the car I can pretend like I have a curved bar :)

·
Registered
506 Posts
I heard that and now I can't get "My Humps" by Black Eyed Peas outta my head...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts