Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard that the Pro4x air dam uses pushpins while the non-Pro4x uses screws. Does this stand true throughout all the years? Anyone figured out a simple solution for trying to switch a pro4x air dam into a non-pro4x?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've heard that the Pro4x air dam uses pushpins while the non-Pro4x uses screws. Does this stand true throughout all the years? Anyone figured out a simple solution for trying to switch a pro4x air dam into a non-pro4x?

Thanks in advance
Other way around?

The Pro-4x fairing screws into some sort of snap-in nutsert type thing on the upper two bolt holes. The inserts go where the pushpins would pop in normally on the rack, then the fairing bolts down to those.

Find those at a junkyard or somewhere and you should be good to go. Except for wiring, which is another matter entirely.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I would not recommend Xoskel given his business practice's history unless you live close to him to monitor progress of order and pay in exchange of the finished good.

·
on line
2,239 Posts
You need the screw in inserts that snap onto the roof rack to put the extra 2 bolts for the off-road lights. The inserts snap over the push pin holes. Switch back and forth as you like. I hate the wind noise so I run no lights 99% of the time. When I think I might make a weekend that could use them I put them on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts