Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
6 inch suspension lift with 33" tires and ShockWorks front bumper, sliders, and skid plates.s.
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Pro Eagle Talon 1.5 Ton Big Wheel Jack – serial # 1F0104-589 is an excellent jack.

I spent that last three days doing the Xterra 2020 challenge. It was run so well and I had an excellent time.

I was over-prepared if that is such a thing.

My X was run hard and I now have minor miscellaneous damage. However, it was worth it.

A member of our group broke a CV axle when we were going up a steep rocky hill.

He needed to fix it on the spot, but was concerned about lifting his X on a rocky incline.

We suggested using our Pro Eagle Talon 1.5 Ton Big Wheel Jack – serial # 1F0104-589. We were then asked if it would be able to lift the X under these circumstances. We said "definitely".

Below are photos of the X being lifted by the Pro Eagle Talon 1.5 Ton Big Wheel Jack – serial # 1F0104-589.

Unfortunately, the X could not be fixed on the trail. However, it had nothing to do with the
Pro Eagle Talon 1.5 Ton Big Wheel Jack – serial # 1F0104-589.

IMG 1.JPG IMG 2.JPG IMG 3.JPG IMG 4.JPG IMG 6.JPG IMG 7.JPG

·
Registered
6 inch suspension lift with 33" tires and ShockWorks front bumper, sliders, and skid plates.s.
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That would be nice. Your open-mindedness, and tongue in cheek humor, is refreshing,

I think some people lost tract of the purpose of this forum.

·
Super Moderator
4,542 Posts
Good thing you had your Pro Eagle Talon 1.5 Ton Big Wheel Jack – serial # 1F0104-589!
Yes, a very good thing. I'm sure having that 38 pound $410 Pro Eagle Talon 1.5 Ton Big Wheel Jack-Serial # 1F0104-589 with optional 15" extension for an additional $70 made all the difference. A less expensive, more compact, lighter and more easily stored bottle jack would never have worked in that situation.

·
Registered
09, lifted, 33's
175 Posts
dude, this is the most controversial jack made to date! can't wait til the next sighting or i will buy the next sequential serial number and do a review on it!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good thing you had your Pro Eagle Talon 1.5 Ton Big Wheel Jack – serial # 1F0104-589!
Yes - I am very happy I did not leave my Pro Eagle Talon 1.5 Ton Big Wheel Jack – serial # 1F0104-589 in the garage.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, a very good thing. I'm sure having that 38 pound $410 Pro Eagle Talon 1.5 Ton Big Wheel Jack-Serial # 1F0104-589 with optional 15" extension for an additional $70 made all the difference. A less expensive, more compact, lighter and more easily stored bottle jack would never have worked in that situation.
The crew I was riding with had some very experienced off-roaders. No one disagreed with the choice to use my Pro Eagle Talon 1.5 Ton Big Wheel Jack – serial # 1F0104-589 instead of a "less expensive, more compact, lighter and more easily stored bottle jack".

You were not there. Why are you questioning the decision of the person who's X was damaged?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Why? Where on the CV shaft was the break?
IDK. It was not my X. The owner was able to use my Pro Eagle Talon 1.5 Ton Big Wheel Jack – serial # 1F0104-589 to lift and straighten his wheel so he could drive do a partial fix, and drive back to the parking lot in 3 wheel drive.

·
Registered
2011 PRO-4X
1,151 Posts
The crew I was riding with had some very experienced off-roaders. No one disagreed with the choice to use my Pro Eagle Talon 1.5 Ton Big Wheel Jack – serial # 1F0104-589 instead of a "less expensive, more compact, lighter and more easily stored bottle jack".

You were not there. Why are you questioning the decision of the person who's X was damaged?
They are just giving you crap about the jack.
It works for you and you are happy with your purchase so that’s all that matters.

Others make due with something less expensive and more compact that can work just as well.

With the description and serial number it sounds like you are marketing for the company too.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It works for you and you are happy with your purchase so that’s all that matters.

Others make due with something less expensive and more compact that can work just as well.

With the description and serial number it sounds like you are marketing for the company too.
[/QUO

I do not work for, nor am I otherwise affiliated with, Pro Eagle. I am 20 year old and college student.

However, even if I was affiliated with Pro Eagle, what difference should that make?

Hands down, the Pro Eagle Talon 1.5 Ton Big Wheel Jack – serial # 1F0104-589 is an awesome jack, even if it causes Mr. Bills some but hurt to admit he was wrong.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I do not work for, nor am I otherwise affiliated with, Pro Eagle. I am a 20 year old college student.

However, even if I was affiliated with Pro Eagle, what difference should that make?

Hands down, the Pro Eagle Talon 1.5 Ton Big Wheel Jack – serial # 1F0104-589 is an awesome jack, even if it causes Mr. Bills some butt hurt to admit he was wrong.

·
Well then...
1,099 Posts
I think some people lost tract of the purpose of this forum.
I am 20 year old and college student.

Hands down, the Pro Eagle Talon 1.5 Ton Big Wheel Jack – serial # 1F0104-589 is an awesome jack, even if it causes Mr. Bills some but hurt to admit he was wrong.
Your account has either been hacked, you are a bad affiliate marketer, you are showing that you are a 20 year old or you just have a different sense of humor.

Either way, I ain’t paying no $410 for no Jack. I’ll just do like the guy with the broken rig: wheel with you and borrow it. Kind of like saying you don’t want a boat, you want a good buddy with a boat.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
WAIT!!!.... Are you saying that the Pro Eagle Talon 1.5 Ton Big Wheel Jack – serial # 1F0104-590 isn't an awesome jack, or any other Pro Eagle Talon 1.5 Ton Big Wheel Jack with any other serial number isn't an awesome jack?? Sure sounds like that to me, and probably others here. Guess I'll be returing my Pro Eagle Talon 1.5 Ton Big Wheel Jack - serial # 1F0104-590 because it isn't an awesome jack. Thanks for the warning how bad the rest of the serial numbers are.

·
Banned
4 Posts
Just a friendly FYI. Calling out the moderators is a good way to get banned from the site and nobody wants that for you.
This is a true statement. The question is - why are you and others okay with that? The moderators and others will sh*t all over somebody, and then if the victim of it says “hey you’re being a d*ck” or simply “your opinion is wrong and I don’t like it” the moderators will — instead of following the published rules of their corporate owners —ban that person for daring to speak up instead of kissing the rings like so many others.

NOTICE BY SITE ADMINISTRATORS AND THE MODERATION TEAM
Added July 30, 2021

Member @novavaxc1 has been permanently banned as a forum member and his posting privileges have been terminated.

Novavaxc1 was previously banned from participating in TheNewX.org forum discussions at a time when he was using a different user name. He subsequently re-registered as "Novabaxc1"in violation of Rule 15 of the forum rules, then represented in posts on this forum that VerticalScope, the owner of this forum, granted him permission to do so.

VerticalScope has confirmed that this individual did contact VerticalScope after being banned from TheNewX.org and threatened legal action unless VerticalScope redacted all instances of his former user name from the forum database. VerticalScope further confirmed that it informed this individual that he could continue to view forum discussions as a guest only. VerticalScope did not grant a waiver of Rule 15 to allow re-registration under a different user name. Any such representations by "novavaxc1" are untrue.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
This is a true statement. The question is - why are you and others okay with that? The moderators and others will sh*t all over somebody, and then if the victim of it says “hey you’re being a d*ck” or simply “your opinion is wrong and I don’t like it” the moderators will — instead of following the published rules of their corporate owners —ban that person for daring to speak up instead of kissing the rings like so many others.
I have never seen this on this site - been here 10 years or so. I have seen the mods smack down trolls, flamers, and generally rude or idiotic people - often with humor. They do a good job.

Now my question for you - since you have been here for a month how could you a)know or b) have an opinion yet on how this site is run?

·
Banned
4 Posts
I have never seen this on this site - been here 10 years or so. I have seen the mods smack down trolls, flamers, and generally rude or idiotic people - often with humor. They do a good job.

Now my question for you - since you have been here for a month how could you a)know or b) have an opinion yet on how this site is run?
Since you’ve been here so long, remember when they did the software upgrade and accidentally made their private forum public for about a week? I know talking about it is verboten but let’s not pretend all that didn’t exist. And the warning from the other member that I quoted here is often repeated by others, because they all have seen it too.

My original account was banned for equally trivial reasons, inconsistent with the site’s published policies. The corporate owners offered to restore my account after acknowledging no rule was broken, but I opted instead (with the blessing of VerticalScope) to just make an account for the sole purpose of being able to quickly reply to for sale listings. But seeing yet another person participating in the “you have to take crap from Mr Bills but you’re not allowed to reply in kind” warnings, I felt compelled to call out the complicity.

NOTICE BY SITE ADMINISTRATORS AND THE MODERATION TEAM
Added July 30, 2021

Member @novavaxc1 has been permanently banned as a forum member. His posting privileges have been terminated.

Novavaxc1 was previously banned from participating in TheNewX.org forum discussions at a time when he was using a different user name. He subsequently re-registered as "Novabaxc1"in violation of Rule 15 of forum rules, then misrepresented in posts on this forum that VerticalScope, the owner of this forum, granted him permission to do so.

VerticalScope has confirmed that this individual did contact VerticalScope after being banned from TheNewX.org and threatened legal action unless VerticalScope redacted all instances of his former user name from the forum database. VerticalScope further confirmed that it informed this individual that he could continue to view forum discussions as a guest only. VerticalScope did not grant a waiver of Rule 15 to allow re-registration under a different user name. Any such representations by "novavaxc1" are contrary to fact.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts