Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 inch suspension lift with 33" tires and ShockWorks front bumper, sliders, and skid plates.s.
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I replaced my Pro-4X roof light bulbs with LEDs. When I was bolting everything back together I noticed there are large gaps around the lenses which can allow water, dirt, etc. to get in. I did not touch the lenses other than to twist out the old bulbs and twist in the LEDs.

The first three photos are of my roof lights. The last two photos are of a blue X I found on the internet.

My lights look similar to the lights I found on the internet, but that does not mean it is supposed to be that way.

Automotive tail & brake light Grille Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood
Automotive tail & brake light Automotive tire Grille Automotive lighting Hood
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Grille Hood Automotive lighting
Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Grille

·
Registered
‘06 Super Black S 5AT & ‘10 Knight Armor OR 5AT
1,444 Posts
Air gap.

·
Registered
‘06 Super Black S 5AT & ‘10 Knight Armor OR 5AT
1,444 Posts
Fogs are the same way.

·
Registered
2006 Xterra S M6 and 2010 Xterra Off Road
315 Posts
Is there aiming done of those too? If so, you'd want a bit of a gap so you could adjust their position

·
Registered
688 Posts
Agree with the others. It's normal. Mine is set up the same way.

·
Registered
6 inch suspension lift with 33" tires and ShockWorks front bumper, sliders, and skid plates.s.
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There is only one "exposed" connection I noticed. It is attached to an upper bracket and will not be exposed to any water if it puddled below.

When I removed the light housing there was a bunch of leaves and twigs in there. However, there was also dust, grime, etc. which looked as old as the car. Therefore, as long as I did not alter the lenses position during the bulb swap, I think I should be good.

The first photo is of the upper bracket which I obtained from the internet. The next two photos are of my "exposed" connectors which are connected to the upper bracket.

Rectangle Automotive tire Bumper Musical instrument accessory Gas
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Vehicle door Line
Fixture Grey Wood Door Gas

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Can the lights be aimed so there is no hood glare?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.