Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I placed this post in another forum but haven't received a single comment so I want to post this issue in the Electrical forum as my issue maybe related to power and includes electrical diagrams. Situation outlined below.

2015 Pro-4X Rockford Fosgate System

• Upgraded Radio to Atoto Pro 6
  • Used Metra 70-7552 and the RCA cables from Metra 70-553
    • Removed speaker pins for RCA's from Metra 70-553 and swapped them with the pins on 70-7552 (don't know if anyone has done this before, but it worked fine, if anyone has questions let me know and I can elaborate)
  • Wired up radio
  • Audio and radio work great, but no Subwoofer
  • Reviewed electrical diagram from Xterra Manual and I can't find what I'm doing wrong or how to correct
  • What I know:
    • RCA inputs on radio send a lower power signal that the amp needs, versus using the preamp high output from radio to speak wires; so I can either use the RCA inputs or I need a Line Out Converter, I opted for the RCA's, but my understanding is they are equal options.
    • Aftermarket Radio has Subwoofer input RCA port, but the Xterra wiring diagram, harness and amp do not show or have a subwoofer input.
    • Electrical Diagram shows speakers (FL,FR, RL, RR) going from the radio to the amp, then the amp sends out signal to speaker FR, FL, RR, RL and SUBWOOFER
      • So if the factory setup goes from radio to amp via speaker wires (fronts & rears), then amp to speakers and subwoofer, I have everything correct but no bass.
  • Attached is a diagram I made trying to illustrate my question... no need to make fun, I know it's terrible, just want to provide as much information as possible for a solution.
If you made it this far, thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
I placed this post in another forum but haven't received a single comment so I want to post this issue in the Electrical forum as my issue maybe related to power and includes electrical diagrams. Situation outlined below.

2015 Pro-4X Rockford Fosgate System

• Upgraded Radio to Atoto Pro 6
  • Used Metra 70-7552 and the RCA cables from Metra 70-553
    • Removed speaker pins for RCA's from Metra 70-553 and swapped them with the pins on 70-7552 (don't know if anyone has done this before, but it worked fine, if anyone has questions let me know and I can elaborate)
  • Wired up radio
  • Audio and radio work great, but no Subwoofer
  • Reviewed electrical diagram from Xterra Manual and I can't find what I'm doing wrong or how to correct
  • What I know:
    • RCA inputs on radio send a lower power signal that the amp needs, versus using the preamp high output from radio to speak wires; so I can either use the RCA inputs or I need a Line Out Converter, I opted for the RCA's, but my understanding is they are equal options.
    • Aftermarket Radio has Subwoofer input RCA port, but the Xterra wiring diagram, harness and amp do not show or have a subwoofer input.
    • Electrical Diagram shows speakers (FL,FR, RL, RR) going from the radio to the amp, then the amp sends out signal to speaker FR, FL, RR, RL and SUBWOOFER
      • So if the factory setup goes from radio to amp via speaker wires (fronts & rears), then amp to speakers and subwoofer, I have everything correct but no bass.
  • Attached is a diagram I made trying to illustrate my question... no need to make fun, I know it's terrible, just want to provide as much information as possible for a solution.
If you made it this far, thank you.
Quentin, I've installed 2 head units in my pro4x, one shitty Chinese made one (joying) and finally sucked it up and bought a nice Kenwood when the joying unit failed. In both installations I needed one of these in order to get power to the sub

Hope this helps,
Dale

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quentin, I've installed 2 head units in my pro4x, one shitty Chinese made one (joying) and finally sucked it up and bought a nice Kenwood when the joying unit failed. In both installations I needed one of these in order to get power to the sub

Hope this helps,
Dale
Thanks Dale! I'll do some research now and probably order it. I still don't understand the issue I currently have, but if you have first hand experience with this working that is great.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Hope this helps,
Dale
Dale, quick question, what year is your Pro-4X?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Dale, quick question, what year is your Pro-4X?
MY 2011

I'm certainly not a head unit/wiring expert. Was honestly surprised when I hooked everything up and it actually just worked. Make sure you do a nice job splicing wires... Off roading will break shitty connections over time. I used these little heat shrink butt connectors that had solder built into them and a heat gun... The only thing I'll use now when splicing wires.

·
Registered
984 Posts
  • Trigger wire included
Above is from Dale's Amazon link. I don't know what the 'trigger' signal should be (+12V?) but it seems like that is the missing piece of the puzzle. The subwoofer amp is not being turned 'on'. I could be completely wrong but I'd look at that if I didn't want to buy that box.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update - I bought a Scosche SLC4 Line Output Converter, and adjusted the gain levels and this brought the factory stereo back up to par. Thank you all for your comments.

·
Registered
2015 Xterra Pro-4X
13 Posts
Update - I bought a Scosche SLC4 Line Output Converter, and adjusted the gain levels and this brought the factory stereo back up to par. Thank you all for your comments.
Did that get your stock RF subwoofer working?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts