Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been looking around to see if anyone has painted the pro-4x wheels but i am having no luck. i am curious if anyone did and how they did with sanding. the face part of them have like a machine ribbed look and i was wondering how that did during the process. anyone has advice or pictures, i would greatly appreciate it!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys. they look great! i ended up doing mine semi gloss black and i love the way they turned out!

·
Registered
364 Posts
thanks guys. they look great! i ended up doing mine semi gloss black and i love the way they turned out!
did you just sand and spray with an aerosol or you get a automotive paint and use an air gun? also did you use any kind of a primer or clear coat? my x is bed lined and I want semi gloss black wheels on her to stand off of the bed line a little.

·
Registered
343 Posts
When I did the ones on my 1st gen, I used a fine sanding block and a red scruff pad, and then used flat black wheel paint from Advanced auto parts like the pics above.. It lasted for years. I plan on doing it again to the Off road rims I am picking up this week.

·
Premium Member
9,953 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
did you just sand and spray with an aerosol or you get a automotive paint and use an air gun? also did you use any kind of a primer or clear coat? my x is bed lined and I want semi gloss black wheels on her to stand off of the bed line a little.

Your red X looks great with the fenders and rockers lined!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts