Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the purchasing process of getting an automatic transmission Xterra Pro-4x and am curious if there is a difference between the 2011 and 2012 model years.

Specifically, does the auto trans Pro-4x have an additional exterior auto trans fluid cooler attached to the upper part of the radiator? I looked at a 2013 and there appears to be one there. Cannot afford a new car and am wondering if the 2011 has this extra transmission cooler as I will be towing a 1,350 pop top trailer quite often.

Thanks for any information regarding this.

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
If not, it's not terribly hard to add and won't cost a ton (and those with earlier models do it anyway due to transmission/radiator issues in those models).

Other than that, I'm pretty sure the only significant differences are the color of the stitching in the seats and the logos on the floor mats, and the larger rear headrests on the 2012.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
If not, it's not terribly hard to add and won't cost a ton (and those with earlier models do it anyway due to transmission/radiator issues in those models).

Other than that, I'm pretty sure the only significant differences are the color of the stitching in the seats and the logos on the floor mats, and the larger rear headrests on the 2012.
It does. As far as I know the only difference between 11 and 12 was changing the metallic green exterior color for the new blue, and addition of the built in trip computer in dash.

·
on line
2,305 Posts
There is no significant difference between the two. Few trinket features and color options.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts