Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
on line
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I talked to Calmini earlier today and they mentioned that they did not work on customers' cars. According to the customer service, it takes about 4-6 hours to get the lift installed. So, how much $$$ would this cost me?

·
on line
2,938 Posts
I would guess 2 people for 8 hours plus alignment and misc parts.

$800-$1200 minimum.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Most places charge about $100/ hour labor. Meaning you give them the truck and the lift and the clock starts rolling when they pull it in the garage.

·
on line
423 Posts
before doing my own, i priced it out. the hours calmini told me a pro would need was between 6-8 hours of work. the going rate around here is $80 (called several shops). So, depending on rates where you live, I wold plan for 500-700, then add in incidentals like the alignment, additional supplies, etc.

one issue you may run into is that many shops will not install a lift they did not sell you, so before you buy, if you aren't planning to do it yourself, check around.

also, there is a thread on XOC that has hints from a couple of installs. check it out and you will find a couple of items you need calmini to either send different bolts, or stuff the shop will have to mod that are not included in the instructions. no biggie, but stuff that you need to know or your shop will.

good luck. it was kind of a fun install, but it did take me a bit of time as i had never done one before.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Do it yourself... It aint that hard!!!

I am an amature and I did mine all by myself with some slight help from my dad everyonce in a while!!

IT really looks harder than it is.... If you need help i am more than willing to give you some tips when i get back in the country (July 6th)

·
on line
423 Posts
S_e_X-Terra said:
Do it yourself... It aint that hard!!!

I am an amature and I did mine all by myself with some slight help from my dad everyonce in a while!!

IT really looks harder than it is.... If you need help i am more than willing to give you some tips when i get back in the country (July 6th)
S_e_X-Terra is right...it is very logical, but some of the bolts are pretty tight. You would need to make sure you have PB Blaster, breaker bar, air tools help, the correct sockets, jack, jack stands, etc. I did mine alone, but had some help for heavier pieces from my son, wife, and neighbor. My thoughts were and still are, the money I saved on labor will be used for my driveline (vibration issues), and tires (bought a great used set).

Good luck!

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Yeah, it took me about three days... working about 5hrs for the first two days and the last day I worked about 3-4 hrs.

If I were to do it again with some help I bet I could knock it out in about 7 hours (now that I know what I am doing).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts