Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We’ve been hit with a ton of price increases from suppliers. Steel prices have doubled over the past few years. Everything from cardboard and bubble wrap to nuts and bolts are up 30-40%. Electricity, gas, you name it… Our prices have only risen about 5% over this time.

It pains me to do it, and frankly it scares the crap out of me, but I have no choice at this point. Another price increase is coming.

Expect 5-10% on most products. It will likely go into effect this Monday 12/4 or Tues 12/5, so if you were planning on ordering something soon, now would be a good time.

Thanks for all of your support over the years. ShrockWorks would not be where we are today without all the great people in the Nissan community.

Regards,
Jim Shrake

·
on line
2,938 Posts
That sucks, but is completely understandable.

I saw the price increase reflected in the new Taco bumper. $9,999 is a bit much though LOL

We purchase a lot of valves and copper communiation cable for our projects and that stuff has sky rocketed in price.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Good thing I already own all your stuff for the X. :)

Seeing as everything in normal day to day life has gone up in price, this is totally understandable.

·
on line
376 Posts
Man Iv been eyeing sliders for months but really haveing a hard time comming up with 400 bucks for sliders............damn...........NO serious off roading for me I guess!

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Hmmm good thing i have all the stuff i need from jim.... oh wait i am still thinking about getting skids.... DAMN. I dont have any money left over either.

Dont worry jim your stuff is worth twice what we are paying. I dont think anyone would pay twice... but the durability, and agressiveness of the stuff you offer is fenominal (sp?) so i dont see much of a problem with a 5-10% increase.

·
on line
2,459 Posts
Doesn't scare me away. :bounce:

·
on line
72 Posts
Your sliders I have to say are top notch Jim keep up the great work. They are working out perfectly on the project and will be in the magazine on newstands soon enough. Keeping up with supply and demand can be tough especially when you have to raise your prices. Fortunately, I think the majority of the Nissan community you serve knows the quality of your products and hopefully your sales will not suffer.

Good fortune in the future!

Jordan

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Your prices are very competitive. Geez ARB bumpers are freakin expensive and some of them you need to assemble.

·
on line
82 Posts
I ordered skid plates today because of this post. Thanks for the heads up Jim. Now I only have to be patient and wait for their arrival.

·
Read Only
656 Posts
MagEditor said:
...They are working out perfectly on the project and will be in the magazine on newstands soon enough...
Can't remember: What's the name of the mag that the X project will be featured in?

·
on line
641 Posts
shrockworks said:
Another price increase is coming. It will likely go into effect this Monday 12/4 or Tues 12/5, so if you were planning on ordering something soon, now would be a good time.
It's been in the works for a while, so I finally got my order for a front bumper and sliders done on December 1st. My order is 'a bit of an experiment', as it's the first one being done through a local 4x4 store here in Vancouver.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts