Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
on line
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok went to ORW to find out how much the CALMINI 5 would cost !!
MUCH TO MY DISMAY $3100 out the door :hello2: Which is exactly where I went !!!! Thats a bit steep aint it

·
on line
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
S_e_X-Terra said:
DYI buddy. thats what i plan on doing. Im not too experienced but i have the time and the tools... so that will save me the cash!!
Well unfortunately I have a mickey mouse tool chest and the mechanical know how Of tim the tool time taylor

·
on line
191 Posts
Bring it in to a fab shop, i.e. skg motorsports and the likes. They're in your vicinity and will hook you up.

·
on line
1,320 Posts
bigboyindiego said:
Ok went to ORW to find out how much the CALMINI 5 would cost !!
MUCH TO MY DISMAY $3100 out the door :hello2: Which is exactly where I went !!!! Thats a bit steep aint it
That does seem high but i'm not in Cali!
The kit is $1700
Figure $100/hr labor
2 skilled mechs should knock it out in an 8hr day... that's $800
Now you're up to $2500
Another ~$200 tax
$2700 seems a bit more fair.

·
on line
1,831 Posts
Dude, if you buy that lift I'll help you install it myself. I'd love to see how it all goes together.

·
on line
423 Posts
If you end up doing this with Syndicate or someone else in CA, let me know. I will give you my cell and you can call me if you hit any road blocks. There is also a thread on XOC where two of us who have installed the lift have posted hints and tricks.

It is a really logical install. Air tools will help, but not necessary. Breaker bar is a must. A mix of deep well sockets too. You will need to borrow or buy a torque wrench if you don't have one.

Calmini estimates the install time for a shop to be 6-10 hours. If you end up paying someone, figure $80-100 per hour...it is $80 in Utah.

If you do it yourself, it will take you more than a weekend, so plan for some down time.

·
on line
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey guys
Im going to look @ two other shops as well as a guy in the auto trader ,but the accountant :rulez: AKA (my wife) has pointed out the bills we have coming w/the move to ariz!!! So unless I get this to around 2k and some change I'M not gunna hold my breath .......
I just might have to get my front bumper and thats all the toys for me this yr :sad11:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts