does not include the rear suspension.
PRG has top of the line shocks and that are
adjustable. Also high quality UCA's
________
Extreme Q

·
on line
3,217 Posts
I'm not going to deal with Calmini if I can help it. Really bad CS with the first gens. I've talked to them a couple of times in regards to that 5" and so far have been told nothing but lies about the release dates, etc. Not a great company.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Just to carefully because you need a front diff drop kit with the prgproducts, but they are not out.

·
on line
1,114 Posts
I hear and echo!

It would be cheaper just to get PRG's UCA's and a AC's front coils. The UCA's ball joint will give you a wee bit of lift, too. That combo will get you nearly 3" of lift at the front.

For the rear, try AC's shackle and their AAL for a 4" lift. Of course, you'll need to get their braided steel brake lines and longer rear shocks. After some time, the rear might settle a tiny bit (.25" to .33"). Besides, I like the rear a bit higher to carry gear and crap.

All that stuff should run you under 1 grand. More than half of that is PRG's UCA's.

·
on line
1,320 Posts
PRG... if not simply for better customer service (or Calmini's apparent lack of cust. service).

The Calmini will give you lift but no real suspension upgrade... the front is just a giant spacer w/ a diff drop. The rear appears to be o.k. with the new leaf pack you'll actually get usable lift.

With that being said; I don't think Greg(PRG) will even sell you this set-up:
Total Chaos UCA's: $549
RADFLO REPLACEMENT COILOVERS: $899
FRONT LIFT SPACERS 3": $169
For this reason:
the C/O's give you 3" of lift and increase wheel travel... if you stack the spacer on top of that the UCA (stock or TC) would be smashed down on the coil bucket negating the effects of the C/O and putting your CV's at a destructive angle.
The PRG set-up... (TC UCA's, Radflo C/O's and Deaver mini pack) (without spacers) is a great 3" lift.
So if it's 5" you must have then SLR or Calmini would be the way to go.

Here's a quote from clubfrontier.org:
Just had a great experience at Greg's place getting the Radflo Coilovers with the TC UCAs, and the rear Deaver springs with the 5125 Bilsteins installed.

Man, this is exactly the ride I was hoping for! Its comfortable on the road and off the road. Extremely well balanced between the front and rear also. Greg had to egg me on around the test track since I'm not used to going that fast offroad and it hit the trail and ate it up going slow and at speed. I couldn't freaking believe it. I was in shock and almost speechless. No jarring or weird vibrations through the truck or through the steering wheel. I know it sounds overly dramatic, but I have driven the stock set up and the AC coil setup and this ride is far superior.

With the stock Nismo tires I am 37.5" in the front from the ground to the wheel well arch, and 37.75" in the back. I was 37" in the front with the AC Coils. A 3" lift in the front and a 2.25" in the rear according to my measurements.

The Radflos installed are the ones with the interior resevoir that Greg will be selling from now on.

·
on line
641 Posts
Taking apart Calmini's customer service, you're comparing two very different products, although both will give you 5'' of lift, Calmini drops the front diff and PRG doesn't,
PRG will give you additional drop travel and Calmini won't. Extra wheel travel would be fine, but w/o dropping the diff you'll destroy your CV axles the first time you go offroad and you will also have camber issues. A better 5'' lift system would be SLR's, but it will set you off twice the price of the ones you’re considering.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts