Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
on line
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have more info on these? What are the differences if any from the TC UCA's? Thanks

·
on line
4,593 Posts
Spend a half hour on the phone with Greg and you'll know more than you need to know {or fully understand :cyclops: } :

Let's see if I can try to describe the differences as I understand them:

Both have a uniball that replaces the factory ball joint:
TC = 1", PRG = 7/8".
However the PRG has a longer attachment "bolt" and slightly different shape to the arms {longer as well IIRC}. This allows for a slightly bit more travel than the TC.

TC utilizes urethane bushings and inner sleeves within a welded tube.
PRG utilizes threaded "heim joints".

Both have a tab welded onto the arms to allow a bolt on urethane droop {bump} stop.

They are both ~the same price.

If things go well I'll have the PRG UCAs next week and I'll post pix.

·
on line
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right on! Thank you sir. I emailed Greg earlier so I was just waiting on his response. You say they are they same price? I thought the PRG's were cheaper?

·
on line
4,593 Posts
Greg bundled the price of the UCAs with the Radflo coilovers that I bought so I can't say what the exact price of the UCAs alone are.

The combined price came out a bit less than the TC UCA and Radflos were previously listed on the website {$599 and $699 as I recall}.

I live in the same state that PRG does business in so I get to pony up sales tax on top of it all; every little bit helps.

·
on line
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
XKNUT, if you dont mind me asking. What was the price combined?

mcampana, lol alright man ill give him a call :D

·
on line
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks KXterra, Your lift looks great BTW

·
on line
10,133 Posts
been about a month since i've installed mine. no issues at all. and, no one will ever even see them so, there's no worries about johhny law. a cop sure as hell won't pull you over to check and make sure that your UCA's are DOT approved. they're too busy deciding what kind of donut they want to eat next

·
on line
3,218 Posts
"a cop sure as hell won't pull you over to check and make sure that your UCA's are DOT approved. they're too busy deciding what kind of donut they want to eat next."

Isn't NJ a state in which vehicles must pass a physical inspection of the vehicle to ensure that certain mods haven't been done?

·
In Limbo
9,460 Posts
DBAX said:
Isn't NJ a state in which vehicles must pass a physical inspection of the vehicle to ensure that certain mods haven't been done?
No, it turns out that NJ isn't a state at all! It is actually just a swamp that is floating next to PA. I wrote a letter to my local congressman to inform him and get the "wheels of progress" turning. With any luck we'll get back to 49 states in a few months.

God bless politics!

Oh, and due to NJ's lack of statehood existence, the physical vehicle inspection is null and void.

·
on line
10,133 Posts
well, i'm not too sure that they'll look at that. they do have a rigorous inspection process, but i don't believe they look at suspension components. That is, unless you have a huge lift (>6")...then you have to go for a stability test. That being said, a new vehicle inspection sticker is good for 5 years. I plan on moving out of NJ in April.

·
on line
10,133 Posts
SeXterraPA said:
DBAX said:
No, it turns out that NJ isn't a state at all! It is actually just a swamp that is floating next to PA. I wrote a letter to my local congressman to inform him and get the "wheels of progress" turning. With any luck we'll get back to 49 states in a few months.

God bless politics!

Oh, and due to NJ's lack of statehood existence, the physical vehicle inspection is null and void.
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! funny...that's exactly how I feel.

And to add to my post above, NJ is one of the most crooked places in the US. If I were to fail state inspection at a state run facility, i'm more than sure that a local mechanic (certified to do inspections) would graciously take my $80 and in turn give me a new inspection sticker. How do you think my '73 VW bus passed emissions inspection?

·
on line
381 Posts
California doesn't have a vehicle inspection, but there is smog inspects, but that is emisions equipment only. Ofcourse, law does pertain to certain things, ex. headlight heighth. but then again, different states, different rules. just glad CA isn't a swamp.

·
on line
1,123 Posts
How about insurance concerns? Not getting it, but if you wreck and the adjuster finds a modified suspension, could they legally deny your claim? I suppose that they could try that with any suspension mods, but if it isn't DOT approved then it might be easier for them? Anybody here work for an insurance company?

·
on line
13,466 Posts
My insurance guy is a really good friend and client. He told me after i did all my shrocking and suspension stuff to give him a list. He thought my ins would go up, but it didnt. So if i wreck, those parts get replaced. Even the shrock bumpers and sliders. If someone blasts me or vice versa, im covered. This all would depend on your specific company i would assume.

Personally i have the tc uca's, i just felt better about how they fit the vehicle.

·
In Limbo
9,460 Posts
If you want your after market parts to be covered by your insurance than you have to add them to your policy. They (Insurance Company) won't cover things they don't know exist. Just call and let them know you have them.

You'd paid for those parts with your hard earned money, so protect them.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
they will only not cover it if it costs more than stock. For instance, if you get into a wreck with a Shrockworks bumper, they will replace the bumper with a Shrockworks once since that is what is on there and it actually costs less than all the pieces for a stock bumper. This is how people are hitting deer and getting Shrockworks bumpers out of it. Insurance companies want to save money. If it means buying you aftermarket stuff, they will do it.

now, if you get into a wreck and you have a diamond studded front bumper, they will not replace that unless it has been stated on the policy.

The BIG thing to be sure to put on your insurance is any internal aftermarket electronics. If you spent $10K on a stereo system and it gets ripped off...if it wasn't in your policy, they will give you a check for the value of the stock system.

Is it good to list your mods for your insurance company? Yes. Is it always needed? no.

But the reason i explained above is also why in most cases it doesn't raise your insurance rates when you tell them about mods. At least in our world.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts