Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received the green light to order new suspension from the CFO / Social Coordinator, AKA wife. I have decided to go with PRG. I will be ordering the following:
4 WD Basic Coilover Package with Upgrade to PRG Deaver 2-Leaf Spring Pack
Bilstein Rear 5125 Series Xterra Rear Shocks (1-2 inches of lift)
Cam Bolts
Shims

Talked to Greg last night (Very good conversation - I like him) about the set up and specifically about rear sway bar relocation vs removal. He suggested removal because there is little need with the upgraded rear suspension. I like second, third,...,n opinions so my questions to the others running this set up.

1. Can I keep the rear sway bar without having to purchase relocation kit?
2. If I removed the rear sway bar have you notice more body roll?

The X is my wife and child's daily driver and safety is most important to me.

·
Super Moderator
4,532 Posts
Just remove the rear sway bar. You really won't notice it is gone.

If you don't like the results you can always re-install it with the the relocation kit.

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
hey rich, i took my rear sway bar off. i haven't noticed the body roll.

also, post up in mo4wd and we can get a mod day scheduled for ya

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey rich, i took my rear sway bar off. i haven't noticed the body roll.

also, post up in mo4wd and we can get a mod day scheduled for ya
Cool. Sorry about being awol on the last outing. Tore my medial meniscus and was recovering from surgery.

Have summer trail trip planed and trying to gear up :rockin: Heading to CO (Alpine Loop), AZ (Road To Point Sublime) and UT (White Rim).

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
Cool. Sorry about being awol on the last outing. Tore my medial meniscus and was recovering from surgery.

Have summer trail trip planed and trying to gear up :rockin: Heading to CO (Alpine Loop), AZ (Road To Point Sublime) and UT (White Rim).
you suck.

:cheers:

i want to go. My vacation this year and the next will be paying for the basement.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Another vote for just removing the sway bar. My X is my daily driver and I have never missed it (and I drive twisty mountain roads a lot).

When are you coming out to CO?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Will be arriving in CO 6/13 and departing 6/17. 6/14-6/17 will be in Silverton.
Excellent - Alpine Loop with for sure be open by then. If you haven't been up to Animas Forks yet, make that trip - so worth it. Take your camera.

Poughkeepsie is hit-or-miss mid-June, all depends on snow. That part of the state is at about 88% of average snow pack right now, but March & April could change that.

I grew up driving those roads. Have fun on your visit and feel free to shoot me a PM if I can be of help in any way!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts