Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
on line
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are Greg's new lift shackles.
"With everyone wanting to go taller and the the need for more lift options, I developed these. This is the first look as they will be powedercoated black. There are multiple mounting options to offer 1,1.5,or 2" of lift. these are made from cold-roll 3/8" plate and use grade 8 hardware. This is just a quick look as the final product will be a bit nicer looking. I will have pics of them mounted by monday. Price will be around $100 shipped."
and heres a pic

·
on line
2,573 Posts
Pretty cool

I like how you can adjust for the amount of lift you are looking for. If your leafs sag a bit more than expected you can bump down a hole on the shackle and get your ride height back.

Cool

DaveP

·
on line
15,651 Posts
mcampana said:
Any chance you will make em "greaseable" like the day star? Id buy some then
Daystar only needs to be greased because they are Poly bushings. Rubber bushings shouldn't need grease.

·
on line
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mtdewmike said:
Very cool! Greeg had mentioned to me a few weeks ago that he was going to be making some. Are these as big as AC's?
Yes, they are adjustable between 1inch, 1.5 inches, and 2 inches. AC's shackles lift 1.5 inches I believe.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Eh, it depends.

I like poly bushings over rubber, but after finding out that the geaseable bolts for the Daystar is some odd size, I would either get a spare set of bolts or avoid the Daystar.

Shackle bolt can break and not being able to just run to the hardware store for a new bolt would suck.

·
on line
1,695 Posts
Seems like a noble concept, and they definitely look stout, but I wouldn't want the extra 2" hanging below my spring eye if I was only running at the 1" setting. Great for the adjustability, but it's a clearance killer.

·
on line
1,320 Posts
It doesn't hang below... he actually thought that into the concept... any extra material is above the top eye and out of the way

·
on line
3,272 Posts
sweet!

if i went the tc uca's with the radflos, could i use these in the back and be set?

·
on line
1,695 Posts
lifeinthesouth said:
It doesn't hang below... he actually thought that into the concept... any extra material is above the top eye and out of the way
Oh, wow, never mind then. If that is the case, definitely looks like an ideal set-up!

·
on line
1,831 Posts
KillJoy LosAngeles said:
sweet!

if i went the tc uca's with the radflos, could i use these in the back and be set?
Yeah. You'd have to have them on the 2" lift notches for it to be as level as possible.

·
on line
65 Posts
been thinking about these for the rear in addition to my deaver springs. i want to run the new hanneman fenders up front and 35s but i hesitate to think that 35s would then clear the rear with only the deavers... this could solve that problem! what do you think?

·
on line
1,320 Posts
with the shackles it should work.
I believe rs182 is only running the 2" AC AAL in the rear and clears his 35's
check out his thread: "X35" in the "Projects" section.

·
on line
1,891 Posts
Any news on when these shackles are going on sale?
I'm finally looking into getting my X lifted from the stock "S" height.
Would these shackles and the PRG spacer be enough to lift 2-3" inch?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts