Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
on line
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so when did "free" shipping become "shitty" service? ordered my suspension lift ten days ago and was told it would be here in a week...still waiting. and now no answer on the phone, good thing i dont have some problem waiting for an answer or im walking to work. refuse the charge time?? we will see. sounds like PRG=AC, at least shrock is upfront w/delays.

--aequis

·
on line
2,077 Posts
they do run a small operation with a large customer base, i'm still waiting of my replacement shock greg told me i would have over a month ago. last i heard he was still waiting on a shipment from radflo. when i originally ordered my lift it was about 2 weeks later then he originally quoted me, but it was well worth the wait. Remember, they are in Cali. so account for the time change. I alway try to call when it's around 11am in Cali. and i can usually get a hold of someone.

·
on line
4,594 Posts
Remember, they are in Cali. so account for the devastation incurred from wildfires

FIFY.

Keep in mind that while not all shops were directly hit, the aftermarket for offroad parts is a small tight knit community that tends to help each other out in time of need.

Also keep in mind that SEMA takes a lot of resources.

Also keep in mind that folks are more likely to offer complaint than praise.

Also keep in mind that "venting" on an online forum will not make your issue resolve itself.

etc.

:D

·
on line
807 Posts
SeXterraPA said:
Take a chill pill and remember the cheap price you paid up front. PRG rocks! :happy3:
X2. Both me and SeXterraPA have called PRG during our lift installs and they always awsnered and were more than helpful (even on a Sunday). I have met both Greg and Jen before, and they are both some of the nicest people you will ever meet. Remember, PRG is a 3 person company, not a big corporation, for all you know they could be having a family emergency, or had something come up... they do have lives.

Give them a chance, Greg and Jen will both be more than apologetic for the delay, and I'm sure they will explain what the hold is.

·
on line
71 Posts
I had the same problem, and had to leave a few messages to get a response.

Once I did get a response things happened quickly...so good luck.

·
on line
3,050 Posts
I emailed Greg over 2 weeks ago...and still havent heard anything, but I am also not worried because many people here are running his lifts with no major complaints....when your busy...your busy and sometimes they cant get to everyone....just keep trying....

·
on line
1,320 Posts
Greg actually does installs all day long too. It's difficult to be answering the phone and installing a 6" pro-comp lift on a Titan at the same time.

·
on line
2,072 Posts
When I ordered my kit, it took a while to get someone on the phone, but Greg did call me back. It's been about 10 days and no package yet. But I'm in Canada. If you want to get a hold of them, call by phone, don't email!!

·
on line
2,248 Posts
Don't lose faith in Greg yet. I have to admit, I've had a few hick-ups with Greg in the past. Have gone through several sets of Radflos (only because I keep changing my suspension set-up) and several times the shocks have shipped out a couple weeks later then planned (usually blamed on the guys at Radflo) or they've arrived at a different length than what I asked for.

However, Greg has always made things right in short order, and has given me a few discounts here and there in recognition of my patience, I guess.

I also try to keep in mind that it's basically him and an assistant, with his wife answering phones and helping out with shipping. I know I've called out there several times when he's in the middle of bolting something up on somebody's truck. I definitely don't expect to drop his tools and start answering phone calls in the middle of all that. I wouldn't be happy if I was paying him to install something on my truck and he was stopping to answer phone calls.

I don't think I've ever been 100% satisfied with any aftermarket auto parts supplier, but I give Greg high scores and will continue to do business with him.

·
on line
4,495 Posts
I called PRG a couple weeks back to order something, had to leave a voicemail. He called me back within the hour, unfortunetly I couldn't answer. I've never had ANY business call me back within an hour.

This reminds me, I need to call them in the morning....

·
on line
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
while i fully expected the fanboy outpouring as PRG joins shrock w/goldenchild status on this board, i am still amazed at your ability to throw money at piss poor service and justify it to no end. sure, greg and jen may be very nice, they both certainly were two times i manged to catch them on the phone, but my lift is still NOT here and they can be as nice as the want, doesnt change the fact that i am NOT getting what i paid for, was told i would have and fully expected.
there was no delay between calling in my order (because the website is so out of date) and charging to my credit card, and greg told me (on a thursday) "oh yeah, that should ship on monday, you will have it by friday). seemed a bit odd that it takes two days to ship, but i thought, "yeah, lots of people like these guys, so as long as i have it in a week, no matter". friday came, no package, monday came, no package, tuesday-not even, no answer on the phone, no reply to a two week old email, and there ya go. going on two weeks and still no lift and no call saying "hey, thanks for that three hundred bucks you gave us...may get your stuff sometime, but dont bother making an appointment for an FEA, it will get there when it gets there."
now the flamers and fanboys can defend all you want it does not change the simple fact that i was told and paid for something that was not delivered...

·
on line
4,495 Posts
YAY! We're now fanboys! WOOT!

You find us another vendor who does what they do and we'll jump on their bandwagon also.

Now, I understand your gripe and I sympathize with you to an extent. BUT, when was the last time you called them? Now I mean call a few times and leave messages? Did you do it yesterday? How about the day before? Going to do it today? Obiviously emails don't work. You probably can't drive there, so that may not work either. Neither is complaining on a message board and calling everyone fanboys.

Like many businesses their going to have hiccups. Not trying to make excuses for them but before you flip off the deep end, try to do as much as you can to resolve the situation. If your not trying your best, then your complaint is falling on deaf ears....

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Just be patient. Greg is one busy individual. I went to his house to pick up my complete lift kit for my X and as soon as i got there, i noticed the a large pile of stacked boxes in his front yard. Keep in mind if you didnt know, his shop is his garage. He told me he was backed up with orders to ship but is working on them. He literally had a stack of orders about 2in thick. Thats alot of paper!! He is an honest and hard working guy and i can vouch for that. Just be patient. You'll get your stuff.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.