Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
on line
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have problems with the new Ubolts being too wide to fit the lower spring plate? About half of one end of the new Ubolt sits out, past the edge of the hole in the plate. Can and should the bolts be bent to fit, or was I sent the wrong ubolts perhaps?

Almost there.... sigh.

Thanks dudes.

·
on line
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wowee, quick reply! I'll give that a try. I had my purse on, didn't know if I should take it off or not.

·
on line
1,113 Posts
x2 squeeze them a little, and once you get one side in just thread on the nuts a couple turns so when you get the other side in you dont pop the other one off

·
on line
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
x2 squeeze them a little, and once you get one side in just thread on the nuts a couple turns so when you get the other side in you dont pop the other one off
Ok, cool. I'll give that a go and report back tomorrow. Suns down, so it will have to wait until the morning.

Thanks again for the quick replies.

·
on line
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yup, got them in! Pounded them with my breaker bar and then muscled them in. Thanks for the confirmation!

On another note, how many of you with the PRG AALs left the overload leafs in? The instructions say they're replaced by the AALs, but I thought I remembered a discussion about keeping them in, maybe with the Nisstec lift. I left them in.

For those that left them in, how much extra ubolt do you have showing past the ubolt nuts? I have zero. The nuts and bolts are flush. Should I be concerned?

Thanks again, all, big help to get this finished up. It looks awesome!

·
on line
1,113 Posts
I put my overload leaf back in but I have a different AAL its just a little added security and I dont want to deal with the problems if I was to stress the pack to the point of breaking without it. As long as the threads are coming out to the other side of the nut it should be ok.

·
on line
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I put my overload leaf back in but I have a different AAL its just a little added security and I dont want to deal with the problems if I was to stress the pack to the point of breaking without it. As long as the threads are coming out to the other side of the nut it should be ok.
I'll have to see if my local shop can hit the ubolt nuts for me. I've got zero thread coming out on the other end.

Thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts