Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here dealt with Greg from PRG recently? I ordered about $1k in parts a few months back. The box apparently broke apart during shipping causing a delay and resulting in one of my shocks never being delivered. I reached out to Greg and he said he would send another one. i’ve been waiting months now and haven’t got any responses to email or phone calls. Anyone know what’s up? Greg, you out there? send my dang shock bro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2012 Nissan Xterra S
479 Posts
I found it best to keep calling. After a while you'll get through. In no way ideal but it's what worked for me.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Reactions: ckemper86

·
Registered
2011 PRO-4X
442 Posts
I tried email and calling also with absolutely zero response. I can understand small businesses being busy and not responding immediately but no response at all is bogus and I will never spend money with places like that.

·
Super Moderator
4,414 Posts
I last saw Greg on 8/17/2020 when @nworkert and I arrived at his shop unannounced on our way to run a portion of the California Backcountry Discovery Trail.

PRG is now emphasizing suspension modifications for 4WD Porche Cayennes since the Xterra has been out of production for nearly 6 years.

Keep calling. Early is best - 8-8:30 am. He is a one man show with no employees.

However, there does come a time when calling and calling becomes a total waste of energy and it is time to move on. If I were in @ckemper86 's position I would probably get a replacement part from another vendor, try to get an adjustment from my credit card company, and move on with life.

Its too bad. I have referred customers to PRG through the years and most recently even brought one to his doorstep. Even then, Greg wouldn't return his multiple calls just two weeks later. Another lost sale, and it would have been a large purchase. I give up.

·
TNX Veteran
4,087 Posts
Have a read through this... the 66 pages of feedback are all still relevant, unfortunately: What Has Been Your Experience with PRG?

I had a similar experience. I ordered bushings. The box somehow ripped and only 4/8 pieces showed up. I talked to him and he was totally accommodating about sending out the missing parts. 2 months go by. I had responses saying "they'll go out with the next shipment" twice. Eventually I get the pieces, but he didn't give me everything. Now I have 7/8 of the parts.

Like Mr. Bills and lots in that thread keep saying, you just have to call early, and call often. Keep hounding him.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
It's unfortunate to see so many issues with PRG, I know they exist but I've never personally had a problem with them. It does seem like his focus has changed, and that's sad because he is one of those who are responsible for bringing many of the parts we have today to market. Hopefully, he can get back on the bandwagon and realize that we will be asking for parts for Xterras for many more years, as well as for the Frontier, which is still being built.

·
Super Moderator
4,414 Posts
Like Mr. Bills and lots in that thread keep saying, you just have to call early, and call often. Keep hounding him.
Be persistent, but don't hound him. That won't get you what you want.

Greg's heart is in the right place and he does try to do the right thing, but his follow through sucks. He is a gentle soul, thus I suspect that angry messages are too confrontational for him to bear so he puts his head in the sand and avoids responding rather than solve the problem.

Or it may that the post-it he put by the phone got buried never to be seen again and he has so much on his mind that he can't remember what he promised an hour ago. If you saw his tiny little office next to his shop you would understand.

Whatever the reason, I am not making excuses for his lack of performance, I am suggesting that a firm but gentle and persistent approach will bear the most fruit, assuming there is any fruit to be had.

·
Registered
35 Posts
To bad. I was eyeballing these in stock height and heavier springs for my 2nd gen. Its probably not worth the frustration, especially if I'm in a different country.

·
Well then...
694 Posts
I ordered a lift kit from him earlier this year. Parts arrived later than I hoped and with the wrong spring rate. That was June or July, still waiting on the right ones to be sent out to me. At this point I’m just living with it. Not bashing by any means, but sometimes seems to be the way things roll with Greg.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
594 Posts
I’ll echo my experiences with PRG are similar. I ordered an ARB diff cover and rear dif breather kit in July. This was when COVID was severely hindering supply chains. I had to follow up with him several times to get an update on the diff cover and ultimately decided to go with the PRG cover as there was no known timeline for the ARB. Greg did follow through to make it right but it took a long time to get my parts. As Mr. Bill’s said be persistent but professional (this is decent advice in anything really). It’s a shame because the number of reputable aftermarket suppliers for the X are dwindling more everyday.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I placed an order in May for about 3k in titan swap parts, Talked to him once once in June and again in July when he said everything was ready to ship and he was going to get me a quote. After 12 weeks with no contact I filed a paypal dispute and he refunded within minutes. I'm sure he would have responded at some point but meanwhile I'm limping around on a broken leaf and a blown front strut with no end in sight.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I ordered lots of parts earlier this year. Got some stuff right away by the bilsteins never came. He stopped responding to calls and emails (he was screening my calls) and after nearly 2 months of trying (5 months after ordering) I initiated a charge back and reported him via the BBB. It sucks because we had a great conversation when I first ordered parts.

·
Registered
2012 Nissan Xterra S
479 Posts
Yea its hit or miss sometime it seems. In my experience its been great 100% but I keep hearing bad stories from others. I even get calls from him sometimes right away if I have an issue. Is he a one man team maybe?
I was in the same boat until this last purchase. He did right by me in the end but it took forever to get there and no communication. My last couple of orders we received in a few days post ordering. He was quicker to answer questions when I wasn't looking to buy but wanted some information then when I had just bought from him this time.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
200 Posts
I've put in two good sized orders from him (Spacer/Dual AAL kit and later a full Old Man Emu HD kit with SPC UCAs) and shipping was fast, no problems with the products.

·
on line
2005 Nissan Xterra OR
973 Posts
I'm with @RikRong, I've ordered twice from Greg. Once in 2010 the other earlier this year. Shipping was prompt and he replied to some follow-up emails I had sent.

It's unfortunate because I would definitely think twice before ordering from him again based on some of the feedback here. It seems like every few weeks a post pops up about PRG and a customer not receiving products with no communication.

·
Registered
2008 Xterra Off Road
11 Posts
I called Greg earlier this year to help with ordering everything for a titan swap and lift. He is incredibly knowledgeable and very willing to share his vast experience.

I placed a sizable order and received half of it within a few weeks. However from that point forward all calls and emails concerning the other half of my order were ignored. I was really perplexed until I searched his name on this forum and was absolutely flabbergasted by the legion of strange stories of flakiness. He’s obviously not a conman but you would hardly know it from the reviews he’s garnered here. In short, it freaked me out.

I sent him a note saying I would reverse charges if I didn’t hear back from him. And then I followed through. I think he called me within about three minutes of filing the dispute. He was understandably upset —but so was I. We had what I would characterize as a tense but professional exchange and together worked out a plan to make it right which involved me driving six hours round-trip to his shop. In the end, I got what I wanted and he got paid (though there was a considerable delay beyond my control). For what it’s worth, Greg said that he had been out of the shop with health issues and I take him at his word on that.

I am very happy with what I received from him and would love to be able to order again but don’t relish the anxiety. He desperately needs help in his operation but he’s more of a doer than a manager and so probably prefers to work alone. I get that but follow through is everything. Especially when you’re charging peoples credit cards before you actually ship anything.

As others have noted here, he seems at present more focused on the Porsche/Touareg market.

·
Registered
2012 Xterra 4WD
3 Posts
Anyone here dealt with Greg from PRG recently? I ordered about $1k in parts a few months back. The box apparently broke apart during shipping causing a delay and resulting in one of my shocks never being delivered. I reached out to Greg and he said he would send another one. i’ve been waiting months now and haven’t got any responses to email or phone calls. Anyone know what’s up? Greg, you out there? send my dang shock bro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hello everyone I’m new to the forum..... As a sales manager for a large auto group in AZ I’m shocked how PRG runs his business! All of you are extremely way to nice. No way would I wait months for a response or parts that never came. I have customers screaming at me because their floor mats don’t fit right lol! Just purchased a 12 Xterra 4WD with 67k miles as my weekend Warrior and plan on doing mods of course. PGR just lost my business from reading this thread.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts