Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
on line
15,651 Posts
The blacks won't work on the Xterra (they are for the Frontier. Xterra is spring under axle, the Frontier is spring over axle.

·
on line
807 Posts
paulhood said:
Are the spacers any good?
yes. Search, there are dozens of threads about these spacers on here.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
If you want value... go with the top gunz spacers.

If you want top quality... go with the prg spacers.

and for the rear either get an add a leaf, shackle, or deaver mini pack. to even out the lift.

·
on line
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
An inch or so doesn't sound to bad. I think that is what I am going to do.
I will probably go withe the PRG spacer since in comes with new bump stops.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
paulhood said:
What about spacer for front, shackle and AAL in the rear?
No problem at all... Just know you will have rake... the rear is going to sit a couple of inches higher than the front.

And if you do shackle and AAL you will have to buy extended brake lines and get longer shocks (for the rear of course)

·
on line
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Front will be lifted 2.5" with spacer and 3" with shackle and AAL. What is the difference between front and rear stock from factory? I should only be 1/2" then that.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Yes, any time you change the suspension in the front end, you'll need an alignment. Firestone has a lifetime alignment for $150 or so.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
miles said:
muzikman said:
I am not sure what the factory rake is, but it's really noticable when you run AAL and Shackles in the rear.
when you say that do you mean with a spacer in the front or without...?
He means with a spacer... but if you didnt have a spacer in the front... and you put a shackle and AAL in the rear your truck would look retarted!!!

·
on line
15,651 Posts
You may or may not need camber bolts. Every vehicle is different.

If you don't want to spend the money right now unless you have to, get the Firestone Lifetime Alignment (I don't know if they offer it in Canada though). Get it aligned, if they can't get the camber adjusted properly then buy the bolts and have them re-align.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts