Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
on line
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering the PRG lift for my 06 OR but am not sure if it will give me enough air underneath. Ice noticed a handful of people running the radflos upgrading to the calmini 5" or inquiring about the fabtech or other bigger lifts... Is the PRG lift worth the $ or do you reccomend going bigger?

·
on line
204 Posts
you probably wouldn't gain much groung clearance with a drop downbracket type lift. the fact that you can run slightly bigger tires would give you a little more ground clearance. i'd say just get total chaos upper control arms with radflo's, my opinion is that setup would be the best performance wise.

·
on line
807 Posts
As 2006Fronty said, if you are going for offroad performance, go radflo and TC arms. If all you want it height, then go with a drop-bracket lift. If you want the best of both worlds, go with the SLR drop-bracket lift.

The thing to remember with drop-bracket lifts is that although you may be getting a few more inches under your frame, you are not getting any more lift under your front diff. because of the dropped cross-member.

·
on line
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The SLR kit is nice but I and my local 4x4 shop are concerned with the rear drive shaft and not accounting for the change in angle.

·
on line
807 Posts
calijetfxr said:
The SLR kit is nice but I and my local 4x4 shop are concerned with the rear drive shaft and not accounting for the change in angle.
If that is all that is keeping you from getting the SLR kit, call up SLR, they will hook you up. Tell them your concerns, they use their stuff, and test it hard, so they should be able to help you solve any problems that you may encounter, or want to avoid.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts