Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to let you know that Greg has the fabtech lifts in stock... I know they are lacking the rear leafsprings (because they are only made for the frontiers) but you could always order a spring pack from alcan.

He says that the first ten are being sold for $1450 plus shipping!

call him up. 951 780-5331

·
on line
807 Posts

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The fabtech kit is a 6" kit rather than a 5" kit... plus they lift the coilover from the bottom rather than put a big spacer on top.

And the reason why they dont make them for the xterras is because the only way to get that much lift out of the rear would be to make new spring packs which would jack the price up probably around $400 more than it already is (just like the difference between the calmini frontier and xterra kits)

here is the link to the kit that a frontier guy just recieved:
http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/showthread.php?t=22379

·
on line
807 Posts
Plus the Calmini kit has a flat crossmember while the Fabtech crossmember is arched, which gives you a little more ground clearance, plus it looks a heck of a lot better.
Also, Calmini's powered coat is total crap as far as I hear.

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Dont know if this is a stupid question but can you run his radflo setup with the fabtech setup or are they two totally different kits?

·
on line
3,050 Posts
I would like to know that also.... I am in the process of ordering my radflo coilovers from Greg for a total of 3 inches, but i would like to get a total of 4 + inches of lift if possible.

·
on line
776 Posts
xterra3100 said:
Dont know if this is a stupid question but can you run his radflo setup with the fabtech setup or are they two totally different kits?
Yes, you can run the radflos with the suspension kit! But, (provided you can afford it) it is better to just get the larger versions of the radflos (4-7")
And not use the coilover spacers that come with the FabTech kit!

Would make for a much, much better ride, and capability-for off roading!

·
on line
776 Posts
S_e_X-Terra said:
The fabtech kit is a 6" kit rather than a 5" kit... plus they lift the coilover from the bottom rather than put a big spacer on top.

And the reason why they dont make them for the xterras is because the only way to get that much lift out of the rear would be to make new spring packs which would jack the price up probably around $400 more than it already is (just like the difference between the calmini frontier and xterra kits)

here is the link to the kit that a frontier guy just recieved:
http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/showthread.php?t=22379
Or you could run a 3" aal pack with a 2" shackle set and accomplish 5" of lift in the rear! 5" rear, and 6" front would be almost perfect! You would still have a tad of rake!

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Well im going to PRG tomorrow to pick up my lift kit and im gonna ask Greg about the FAbtech kit. Ill let you know tomorrow what the outcome is. That would be sweet as hell though!

·
on line
2,077 Posts
ah, thanks for pointing out the differences, it's hard to see the parts in some of the pics i've found. I like how it lifts from under the coilover. This may have to be added to my future upgrades list!, lol, in about 5 years when i'm done grad school and actually have money.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts