Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i decided to take the day off today and took the family out on a nice little scenic drive up the Angeles Crest highway. I was looking for something to test the suspension out on and found a nice little rock. Unfortunately, you cant go pass this rock as there is a 1k ft fall on the other side of that hill. Well anyways, there was no intent to wheel as i was just testing out the articulation of the new lift. Keep in mind the tires are aired to 40psi and the ground is like sand so thats the best this thing would do. It is a big improvement over stock and im thinking about removing the front sway bar. You can see that there is alot more travel to go through on the front drivers tire. From what ive heard and seen, i should be able to get a little more in the front. Ill do it as soon as im done with this freakin flu virus that i have. Two things i hated about today: relapse of the flu and digging freakin holes!! :angryfire: Other than that, my B-day was well spent with the family. Enjoy!

Hows the stuffage? Is this what most of you are getting? I was so out of it, ii forgot to check the rear brake lines. Just checked them and no signs of overstretching.

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No $hit regarding the locker!! This happens to me alot. I guess thats the main difference between the OFF ROAD models and everything else. Why didnt the 4ABLS kick in? Or can it really do much in situations like this? Thanks for the positive comments. The mods just keep coming!!

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
See what the damn flu bug does to you. Im gonna change it just for you man. I didnt even notice that. Thanks.

·
on line
5,614 Posts
xterra3100 said:
Why didnt the 4ABLS kick in?
There's a certain technique to using the limited slip - you have to throttle a little bit and let the wheel spin for a few for the computer to distinguish the slip and brake that wheel. For obvious reasons it doesn't instantaneously kick-in.

http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=6966&highlight=abls

Jesus it's even your own post! :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts