Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Update 6/2/2020

PRG has provided a tracking number. I’m hoping for delivery by Friday 6/5.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Have you had the chance to install yet? Or is that the plan for this weekend?

·
Well then...
611 Posts
Have you had the chance to install yet? Or is that the plan for this weekend?
The number turns out was just for the spc arms which drop shipped.

As seems to be the norm with purchases from the mom and pop specialty shops that support our niche, there have been a few delays. Greg says he’s had issues getting the springs for my coil overs, but they should be enroute from norcal to me tomorrow.

This kit was about $600 cheaper than the nisstec MK84 or radflo kit, so I can’t quite complain, at least yet.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The number turns out was just for the spc arms which drop shipped.

As seems to be the norm with purchases from the mom and pop specialty shops that support our niche, there have been a few delays. Greg says he’s had issues getting the springs for my coil overs, but they should be enroute from norcal to me tomorrow.

This kit was about $600 cheaper than the nisstec MK84 or radflo kit, so I can’t quite complain, at least yet.

Did you receive/install the coilovers? I'm interested in the feedback, thinking of these for myself

·
Well then...
611 Posts
Got them. Haven’t installed. They shipped with the wrong spring rate on them but Greg is making it right.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I've had these for about a month now. I probably had one of the first sets he made. Those came with a weaker top washer that failed on me. I met up with Greg and he figured out a solution. All the new coilovers come with reinforced washers, basically triple the original thickness. I originally ran a set of Fat Bob's coilovers with spacers that performed and rode fine. The PRGs definitely are smoother, even on the firmer settings. You can really feel a difference between the settings. I use 3 for hwy, 4 for day trips, and 5 when fully loaded. I have the 650 lb springs.

·
Premium Member
721 Posts
Are aluminum springs a good idea? The coils movement with terrain sudden changes... aluminum stress vs steel stress (steel flexes more)

·
Registered
93 Posts
I've had these for about a month now. I probably had one of the first sets he made. Those came with a weaker top washer that failed on me. I met up with Greg and he figured out a solution. All the new coilovers come with reinforced washers, basically triple the original thickness. I originally ran a set of Fat Bob's coilovers with spacers that performed and rode fine. The PRGs definitely are smoother, even on the firmer settings. You can really feel a difference between the settings. I use 3 for hwy, 4 for day trips, and 5 when fully loaded. I have the 650 lb springs.
Sorry to dig up a somewhat old thread. How are those PRG treating you still? I spoke with Greg and they seem like a great setup.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm very happy with them. I take highway turns with confidence and they work great off road. I set them at 3 for every day driving and crank them up to 5 for off road. I just did a 4 day trip up to Idaho, Utah, and back into Nevada with no issues. I have the 650 lb springs and the PRG sway bar bushings.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm very happy with them. I take highway turns with confidence and they work great off road. I set them at 3 for every day driving and crank them up to 5 for off road. I just did a 4 day trip up to Idaho, Utah, and back into Nevada with no issues. I have the 650 lb springs and the PRG sway bar bushings. View attachment 130000
:love::love:

Nice looking rig! How was the install on them? I would think like any other strut/ coil over? I'd be coming from a Bilstein 5100 and my biggest compliant was how stiff and lack of dampening over ruts and bumps, not to mention lack of down travel offroading. I'm sure the PRG's would be night and day difference ha.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yup, huge difference. I also had some 5100s before this setup. Greg installed the whole suspension, so I can't tell you for sure that they install just like every other coilover. I know he swapped out both front coilovers in 30 minutes, so should be simple.

·
Well then...
611 Posts
:love::love:

Nice looking rig! How was the install on them? I would think like any other strut/ coil over? I'd be coming from a Bilstein 5100 and my biggest compliant was how stiff and lack of dampening over ruts and bumps, not to mention lack of down travel offroading. I'm sure the PRG's would be night and day difference ha.
Exactly like any other coilover I've ever installed. The only thing being that the X is awesome in that the strut tower doesn't go through the fender to the top of the engine like in certain IFS Jeeps I've worked on.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts