Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
on line
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i'll be moving away from the san francisco area back home to north texas next week.

any special prepping i should take a look at? my truck has 10,300 miles and is running on synthetic (2,400 miles on the current oil)

the only thing i could think of is changing the air filter (i'm still on the original)

·
on line
1,891 Posts
I would def change out the oil, and check all your fluid levels, refill as needed. Check your 1st Aid kit too, the factory one is alright, but I'm finicky, and my wife is accident prone so I would put things in there you think you might need. If you don't have a road side emergency kit, then I would invest in one, at least jumper cables, road flares/hazard triangle, flashlight w/batteries. Oh and something I've started to carry on long road trips, dryer sheets, perfect for those stuburn bug pieces.

·
on line
2,077 Posts
i just finished a 1500 mile trek from texas to maryland a few hours ago....25 hours straight, stopping only for gas and food. Just make sure your maintenance is all up-to-date and you have emergency items.

·
on line
874 Posts
set up a massage when you get to texas....trust me you'll need it....

·
on line
641 Posts
johnlam940 said:
so i'll be moving away from the san francisco area back home to north texas next week.

any special prepping i should take a look at? my truck has 10,300 miles and is running on synthetic (2,400 miles on the current oil)

the only thing i could think of is changing the air filter (i'm still on the original)
Definitely check your tires and spare! Make sure there are no visible damages.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts