·
on line
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any idea about this X? i can only find the one picture on XOC

·
on line
1,407 Posts
Try checking the picture link again. If you are linking to XOC it is a pain.

·
on line
1,479 Posts
Now that's Sick looking! and no I have no idea

·
on line
246 Posts
That is from a couple of guys that did a desert race. That is actually a 4x4 by the way. After the first couple of miles the four wheel drive gave out and they did the rest in two wheel drive. They ended up winning their class by a large margin. It was, for the most part, stock. The grill fell off mid way through. Either go in to the racing section over at the other site or search for Xterraracer.

·
on line
1,407 Posts
Looks like they lost a fog light too. I really like the stance of the Xterra in the picture. It has to have at least 3-5" of lift.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
I believe there is another race in Las Vegas this weekend.

·
on line
178 Posts

·
on line
332 Posts
we need to get that guy on this site

·
on line
2,938 Posts
muzikman said:
Anyone have a better pic of the roll cage?
No, but I will see if Dan from Nexterra who is going to Las Vegas this weekend for the race can get some decent pictures.

Edit: I sent Dan a PM and he is going to:
1- join this site
2- post some pictures up
3- Take some interior shots of the truck for us.

Thanks Dan!

·
on line
335 Posts
kokopop said:
muzikman said:
Anyone have a better pic of the roll cage?
No, but I will see if Dan from Nexterra who is going to Las Vegas this weekend for the race can get some decent pictures.

Edit: I sent Dan a PM and he is going to:
1- join this site
2- post some pictures up
3- Take some interior shots of the truck for us.

Thanks Dan!
Not a problem Keith...Sorry I hadn't gotten over here sooner...as an '00 Xterra owner and all around sarcastic bastard, I have spent most of my time posting on XOC and my local Nexterra board...Yes, a lot of the information and pictures on this Xterra are over on XOC in the "Racing and Other Events" section...

Basic info on it?? It is owned and driven by Dave Blakely who is from UT and has been running in the desert racing scene for more than two decades. This specific Xterra is the silver one seen in all the original "new X" commercials--print and video. When Nissan gave the Xterra to Dave to race he had it repainted a very bright yellow--the yellow it is currently painted is NOT a Nissan color (in case you were wondering). Dave has raced this X in 3 races so far--all in the BITD (Best in the Desert) series this year...The 4th race is the Henderson's Terrible 400, taking place this weekend just south of Vegas in Henderson, NV...I will be out there working the pits for Dave specificaly and the Goodyear Tires main pit in general...please let me know any questions you may have and I will try and provide more info...Also (and not trying to move people to another site, just trying to save time...) please see the # of posts and pics in the "Racing and other Events" section over on XOC...virtually all posts in that section regard this X or desert racing in general....Again...just let me know what info you want and I will provide it...

·
on line
1,320 Posts
hey guys, here's some info on that X... don't get too excited about all kinds of cool suspension stuff because he's running stock class which means it's stock with a couple of minor things. I think someone already mentioned something about it breaking in race... yes, he brole a LCA in the first race i believe which sucks because they're not even allowed to gusset the stock arms. He also had to pull the stock bumper off due to overheating.
Definitely not for anyone that can't live without their nice stereos and quiet interiors.

Here's a blurb from the owner Dave: "This started out as the silver X in all of Nissan's commercials and website. It was totally gutted and had a 1 3/4" chromoly tube chassis fabricated in side. Inside I installed all the necessary safety stuff, 32 gal fuel safe and 2 spare tires. I went with a brighter yellow than the solar yellow. I cut out the front spring bucket and change them to one FOX 3" coil over shock with triple by-pass tubes. In back I trussed the rear end housing, heavy skid plated the diff, with FOX 3" 4 tube by-pass shocks, hung by National 13 leaf spring packs.
I will be racing the first race for the X on April 29th the Best in the Desert TT250. Our number is #3112. We race in class 3100 along with the Hummer's H3 and Ford's Explorer. For more info on the race go to BITD.com"

YES, stock suspension!

·
on line
1,407 Posts
Probably just as loud as a Jeep inside now! :bounce:

·
on line
335 Posts
B Slater said:
Probably just as loud as a Jeep inside now! :bounce:
Given that there is no real exhaust system to speak of, I would have to say...much louder!! Don't forget the tire chirping on pavement during turns as the rear end is spooled as well....

·
on line
191 Posts
any pics of the front end suspension set-up? I want to see how they incorporated enough space to fit a 3" bypass and c/o's on the LCA.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts