Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 "S" model and I am installing a new system. I'd like to know where you guys suggest the best place to route the power wire from the battery back to the amp location in the cargo area would be? I've read there is good spot near the brake pedal but I was hoping to run a straight line from the battery along the passenger side of the truck to the back. Is this feasible without drilling the fire wall?

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
You can try to punch a hole in the passenger side firewall grommet but it's a really tight squeeze to get in there from either side of it. If you have beefy, manly arms like me it might not be worth the pain.

I would suggest using the empty grommet near the brake pedal (which is actually where the clutch pedal would mount) - run your power from the battery behind the various tanks on the passenger side, across the engine bay at the back (where there is already a wire loom - I would add another loom instead of trying to get inside the existing one) and through the grommet. Once there, you can run the wire back over to the passenger side through the dash, then to the floor where you can pry up the door trim panels to run it to the cargo area.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts