Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
on line
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased my 06 4X4 Xterra S on 11/24 and while driving tonight, I realized that the power window lock button on the drivers door does not light up like the rest of the buttons do. Is this switch supposed to light up?

·
on line
79 Posts
another thing i noticed about that button. once you have it pushed down you cant control other peoples windows. i dont really like that. but i can get over that pretty easy.

·
on line
1,479 Posts
Yeah I found that annoying too but the X has so much to offer that I kind of forgot about it

·
on line
15,651 Posts
It's been the oposite for me (all domestic cars). With all my previous cars (and rented ones), if you lock the windows you can still control them all from the drivers side. When I got the X, the GF's 3yo loved to wind down the window, I would then lock it, but then have no way to wind it up. So I would have to unlock it. Guess what...the passanger has priority over the driver when it comes to operating the windows. He would still be pushing down on the window switch and I couldn't get it to go up.

It was easier in my Intrepid. He would start to wind down the window, I would lock it, then wind it up.

He has since out grown the fascination of making my windows go up and down so it's not so much of a problem, but I had thought about just unplugging the switch on the rear windows. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts