Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I checked fuses and found that the one under the good blew as well as the one near glove box, however the outlet that is near the aux input still will not work. But the one in the center console seems to be blowing the fuses when I plug in my phone charger.

It started on my way home my phone stopped charging (plugged in by aux input) while driving. I didn't do anything electrical or anything else for that matter. I don't feel like checking all wires even though I think it is gonna come to that, anyone have any suggestions? It is a 2010 off road.

Thanks

Ps I did do a search first but found nothing.........

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, tried a GPS, but still same results. I pulled apart the outlets, replaced fuse and checked for juice, after replacing the fuses, only the one in center console was getting power. Radio and cargo cig outlets were dead. I am at a loss as I was literally driving during daytime and haven't done anything to the x other than a remote start which was installed by someone else.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I finally had the time to rip apart the dash where the stereo is, turns out a wire from the GPS dock fell out of the plug and must have been touching something. Was alittle surprised to see that but I am glad it was something very simple.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
glad to hear that it wasn't something serious!! good find on your part and not having to go to the stealership to
get it worked on!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts