Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been lurking the forum the past two days. Trying to decide if an Xterra will be my next move. After reading the Titan Swap threads and reading a ton of build threads, I'm thinking I will definitely start searching. Anyways, no pics to post yet or Xterra yet but if I start learning from here now, I'll know exactly what to do when I find one. :eek:ccasion5:

Any special things to look for as far as options or specific years when I look to purchase?

Jason

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Welcome man!
Just for the record - there are a good number of us in RVA and we do lot's of mod days and wheeling events (weather permitting of course). So if you go with the X, you will have plenty of people around to talk shop with.

Two things I wish I had done when I bought the MX are: Check for stock skids, look for the lug nut key, and done some major research on ways to talk down the dealer. The person before me did not have the lug nut key and had sold off their stock skids.

Also - realize that most member on this board have been at this for years. Some guys jump on here wanting to do a 6 inch lift, a titan swap, and armor up their rig up for battle. I have had my MX for a year and almost a half - other than stealthing everything up, I have really only done a 2in spacer/shackle lift and 1.5 wheel spacers. Mods take time and money, as does wheeling. So by all means get excited about everything you can do - just don't get discouraged when you see other members rigs and you are still saving for tires (or whatever upgrade you plan on doing next).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good to know there's plenty of members in RVA. Yeah, I'm sure I'll be taking my time saving for my plans but I'm excited. Thanks for the response!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts